My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Transition Chapter: That's Micken High


I’m feeling a little off today. A little on the bluesy side complete with the hood up and my favorite socks wrapped around my toes. I’m not telling you what my favorite socks look like. Its not sad or blue in a sense, it’s more like I’m coming up to that cliff I’ve been working towards with school, and my chest’s feeling a little pressed. It’s not a bad feeling to have at all really, if there are bad feelings to have.

See, I have two weeks left of this semester and a “rear” load of things to get done, winter break, and then it’s my last semester. By May, I’ll have received my Master’s in Social Work and my goals for the last two years complete. Woot….no wait, no celebrating yet. Graduation is not the end of this little school thing I’ve been doing. There is the job search, hoping in London, but at some point I need to post about the many problems I am having with that. There is licensing exam here and in London. There is much to do. Being prepared is 50% foresight, and I even wrote on my calendar that today I would switch focus from “getting through school” to "What happens next". I’m not ready. I’ve decided to hold the sentiment off until tomorrow.

Hmm. I started this blog around the time I started school, so in a sense those of you who have read my blog have been witness to the experience. Don’t go running to read the back posts, I’ll sum them up – I’m tired, I have much work to do, I’ve made a list, I’m tiredwork, internship, school, oh my. Chuckle.

I’m a blessed person. I have a job waiting for me at a Psychological Center a friend of mine runs, if I want it. I’ve met great folks in the program who I look forward to know as my peers in the working world, in all the various ways we will work. I am finally getting that promotion at work by the end of December, the one I’ve been doing already. I have an excellent resume, myriad more skills then most at this stage of the game. I have a few professors who will give me a reference when I go onto to get that doctorate. I’ve worked hard to get where I am going. The road forward will be just fine. With that said, today I feel like a diver about to come to the edge of the board. I know how to dive. I’ve prepared and am ready. It’s time to jump. Boi, this still looks a little too high.

;)

P.S. I am so not anal retentive for writing a game plan on my calendar.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger BendingPeak said...

Too late I already read your entire blog, even though I only caught you over the summer.
You have completed the hard parts, deciding to see the board, climbing the ladder, and now walking towards the end. Keep up the great work, and I sure that things will fall into place without a splash.

7:10 PM, November 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I think you've beautifully summed up a feeling that's familiar to many of us. If I may offer a suggestion, it would be to finish this semester, allow yourself a little time to decompress, and then start thinking about the future. Some time off mentally can do wonders.

11:43 PM, November 26, 2006  
Blogger GoGo said...

Good call, there. Still I need to put the seed in my brain, so it can have room to settle in. :)

I am so shuting the brain off during winter break!

11:15 AM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Big changes are always a little scary, no matter how much they're welcomed. So don't stress too much - just take a little time off from worrying and everything will fall into place - really! As you said, you've already got many things going for you - the possibilities are endless!

5:17 PM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger Rose of Sharon said...

The road ahead looks exciting despite the view from the high dive. I'm excited for you and will keep checking in!

BTW, I'm tagging you for a meme. Like you don't have better things to do!!!

Check it out here!

7:41 PM, November 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home