My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Monday, November 06, 2006

it's 50 degrees!


Um, I think I was premature on the snow thing last week. Yes, it was snowing – lots of furry balls of whiteness. It did not stick, however. In fact, it’s a balmy 50 degrees today, sunny, and non-coat comfortable. Yeah, I jumped ahead of myself. It was a nice picture. I’m keeping it around for the first day the snow sticks and the ground is blanketed.

Keeping with my mantra these days, I’m busy. I have to finish up a paper tonight. I’ve done all the research, created the mental outline, and even found a leader quote to put on the title page. I’m getting good at creating and polishing a paper before it even gets written on the page. I’m not saying I am all that. I’m not. I’m just good at bringing things together on a page and getting a grade that will continue me forward to graduation. Whatever. I have a paper to write, class to go to, and the paper to finish. That’s my world on a balmy non-snow day here in the Midwest of living.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rose of Sharon said...

Good job on getting such a great headstart on your paper. It must feel good! A balmy 50 degrees and non-coat weather? Brrr, I would need a coat at 50 degrees myself, but this is from a girl stuck in the South. Hope you get un-busy soon. Make sure to have some fun besides!

6:04 PM, November 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the paper. The weather has been weird here as well...warm and beautiful one day, cold and freezing the next. Hmmmmm...

6:24 PM, November 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home