My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Sunday Scribbling: Morning

I am procrastinating today, so thought I would do this week's Sunday Scribblings early. My rule for SS is to write something head to hand for the most part. Its an ice breaker for the mind. When I think of mornings this is what came to me, and I fell in love with the morning even more. Thanks Sunday Scribblings for an always fun and stretching exercise! ~GoGo

Morning. The crack of dawn, glow ball of light creeping up the horizon. I have spent many days driving home at dawn, watching the sky turn fiery shades of orange, exhausted and ready for bed. I often wonder these days if I have had too much sunrise in my life, then looking forward in my days know I have not had enough. Memory tells me of staying up in close proximity to friends and love ones waiting for the emanating beauty of that sunrise. She offers me moments when once I woke up by dawn’s light comfortably close in bed. She tells me how dawn captures everything new in the world.

Morning. Fresh brewed coffee steeping in kitchens. That ritual of bathrobe, coffee and newspaper or magazine, missed these days, harbor a warm place in the mornings of my life. Cutting out the rushed routine of living, it’s the right cup of Joe – earthy, warm, and full bodied dark – that slows down time and me with it. That cup of really bad java at the diner with a mixture of friends who know how to laugh, or on the road when this self becomes a traveler stopping on the side of the road for the first cup of brew before heading into the between that lives on roads traveled. Morning and coffee are good to me.

Morning. The stretch of the body getting taller, arms spread out, back arched, butt tightly squeezed as the body yawns. There is nothing like the morning stretch. Nothing like waking in the day’s dawn and welcoming the conscious back into the body.

Morning. Years spent kind of sleeping through it, preferring the harbor of late night living and early afternoon rising, I have come to appreciate the morning for the graceful beauty it is. Entering the full fledge workforce, morning was this blasphemes thing that welcomed in horrid routine and low-ceiling living of a paycheck. I have since given up that world, so I could love the morning for what she is. She is a good thing.

Everyone is welcomed to participate in Sunday Scribblings. Please go here to check other author's post this week.

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Writer Bug said...

Nice post! I like the repition. it reminds me of the routine of the morning, which you also comment on.

2:24 PM, November 01, 2006  
Blogger BendingPeak said...

You are way ahead of the game. So ahead that maybe you want to write a paper for me????
hahaha. Nice post.

4:45 PM, November 01, 2006  
Blogger mareymercy said...

Ah, yes, morning. Or is it "mourning"? Anyway, I've come to love it myself. Sleeping in late always was related to staying up late, partying. So getting up early is yet another sign of my better health.

7:27 PM, November 01, 2006  
Blogger [a} said...

I love the last line, it is simple and true.

It's nice how your prose sounds so much like poetry.

Sunday Scribblings rocks, everyone's take on the prompts are so different!!

xoxo
asma

1:08 AM, November 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I'm able to appreciate morning for what it is just yet! Great post!

8:33 AM, November 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice images in your post. I esp. like the idea of too much sunrise or not enough and of the body waking up.

4:14 PM, November 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...before heading into the between that lives on roads traveled." That line really caught my attention, I love the idea of roads being an "in between" world. I too have learned to love mornings above late nights - sunrise does have so much to offer.

6:01 PM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger Rachael said...

I know the feeling of "too much sunrise", but this was also a great reminder not to take mornings for granted! A really well written post that grabbed me from start to finish.

7:26 AM, November 04, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

I am not a morning person, but your beautiful post makes morning seem appealing. Well done, you!

3:17 PM, November 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right...she is definitely "a good thing." :)

6:54 PM, November 04, 2006  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Good for you that you changed your life so that you could live better and enjoy the important things of ife.

7:27 PM, November 04, 2006  
Blogger rel said...

GoGo,
Being a morning person also, I could easily identify with your painting.
" first cup of brew before heading into the between that lives on roads traveled." What an apt description..I love it. nice missive.
rel

8:50 AM, November 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can smell the coffee brewing in my kitchen right now, as I read this. I know what you're talking about...

10:47 AM, November 05, 2006  
Blogger Writer Bug said...

I like the stretching---makes me want to do some yoga! And you're right--when morning isn't forced upon you, rising for it isn't so bad.

10:00 PM, November 05, 2006  
Blogger Kay said...

Beautiful imagery!

10:32 AM, November 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a beautiful writer. I love that morning stretch, too!

9:12 PM, November 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning, full of wonderful sensations, remarkably described in your prose poem. I'm looking forward to that cup of hot coffee in the morning! Thank you.

9:21 PM, November 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home