My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunday Scribblings: Good

Welcome to the next installment of Sunday Scribblings. This weeks prompt was the word: Good. This was a hard one, since I seem to have a bit of writer's block these days. All right, enough disclaiming, just read it.
As always, I had fun stretching the creativity. ~GoGo

instructions:
reach out your hand and look at it. No, I did not ask you to roll your eyes. I asked you to reach out your hand. In no particular direction, just reach it out and look at it. No, not the back part of the hand, the palm part. Yeah, that’s it. Now look at the lines in the palm of the hand.

Good.

See those lines running along the palm. When a palm reader looks at the palm she/he sees a road map in those lines.

Oh, sorry, you can put down your hand.

Anyway, those lines are like highways, dirt roads and rivers on a road map. Put together a good palm reader can read your topography of self. Those lines are ever changing and forming into whatever you are changing and forming into. No, seriously. Make a print of your palm, then make another one in 6 months and look at the difference. There will be a difference.

The lines reflect what you have carried with you from your past, and how you are in the present. They do not predict the future, though there are lines that grow as choices weight a destination.

A good palm reader will never try and predict, but simply look at that map and help you navigate that self called you. That’s an important piece. That’s the difference between a reader and a fortune teller. Fortunately for you, your talking to a reader.

Do I believe in palm reading? I don’t know. I suppose since I grew up learning how to do it, I appreciate the endeavor of palm reading. Its entertaining to say the least. At the most, its an interesting tool for those who see it as such. Yeah, that was a good answer, wasn’t it.

What? No. I don’t do palm readings over the internet. No. I’ve never tried to read a picture of palms.

How Many have I read? I believe I am in the hundreds, but never really kept count.

How long have I been reading? I did my first solo reading when I was 7-years-old in the back of the bus with a girl named Andrea. I also kissed a frog in the back of that bus in the same year. My grandfather was not happy...about the reading not the frog kissing.

Oh, it was my grandfather who taught me how to read. Yeah, this was the grandfather who I recently wrote about.

Am I good?

You’d have to ask my clients.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger mareymercy said...

I remember reading a book about a man who claimed he could communicate with the dead, and he said the same thing: he never tried to 'interpret' his vision, just communicate them; as such, he sometimes failed to express correctly to people what the spirit was trying to say, but he still felt it was better not to interpret his visions.

6:28 AM, October 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very creative interpretation of the topic... I loved reading.

8:05 AM, October 22, 2006  
Blogger rel said...

GoGo,
Good piece.
Did he turn into a prince?
The frog not your grandfather.
rel

8:34 AM, October 22, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

That's a gift, reading palms. Interpretation is the key. I like your twist on the prompt!

12:16 PM, October 22, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

That's a gift, reading palms. I like your twist on the prompt!

12:17 PM, October 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOH OOOH OOOH! I loved this pc...are you sure about not doing this over the blogshere!!! I have really unusual (ugly) palms. I reader pulled me off the street in Berkeley one day to make a print...no charge..just really interested in my palms.

I did not know they changed..

Wow!!!L O V E D this!!

1:25 PM, October 22, 2006  
Blogger Rose of Sharon said...

That was a GOOD post! (g) Loved your take on it. Can you really read palms? I've thought about going to a psychic, but I'm not sure I believe in most of them. It would be fascinating to hear what they see in my palms though!

4:11 PM, October 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a fascinating post! I love how interactive it is, and i also learned something. Good one!

8:04 PM, October 22, 2006  
Blogger alphawoman said...

I had my palm read when I was 19 and it was unnerving in the long run because looking back, so much came true.

4:58 AM, October 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely fascinating! Both the content and the writing itself are more than good. Now I think I'm going to have to make a palm print!

2:15 PM, October 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home