My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

and in this corner: prelude to another day

Hey There,

I am a tiny bit busy right now. I want my next post to respond to the meme I got tagged for this last week, but am running behind on most things at the moment. I did sit down last night and pop out an initial 5 minute dialogue on the matter. It doesn't address the meme at all, but I totally loved writing it...so I thought those who come by this way can chew on it until I can get back to writing. It is gonna be a few days.

As for the Learning Agreement, it is a contract between the School, my internship and myself regarding my goals at stated internship. I am in the MSW program and am currently finishing my 2nd and final year. My internship is at the Campus Veterinary Medical Hospital where I counsel human's whose pets are in medical crisis. The internship gives me clinical as well as program development experience.

Anyway, I enjoy the work it takes to get my MSW and the idea of finally becoming that clinical therapist...who works with an a enviromental humanistic model then a medical model. I am realizes on this journey through school that I enjoy the writing process even more, yearning to spend 8 hours a day scribbling just to get one decent paragraph. The below is something that just popped out, and felt REAL good...so I wanted to share. I swear in a few days, I'll actually write that meme.

Peace to your web browser,
gogo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ode to the Meme:
Here I am finally sitting down to address this Meme. My first invite to do one and it’s about feminism. Seems about right. I was hoping I might get a Meme where I could make off the cuff remarks, be funny and cute all on the same page.
When I first read this question, I felt my mental boxing gloves come on, weighting my body and shifting my feet. Am I defending feminism, my right glove hits the air, aiming for all those misconceptions and biases born out of fear? Am I fighting feminism, turning my right foot and setting my left hook at those same misconceptions expected of me? And I had to ask myself, why do I feel like a cocky boxer jabbing my words in my head like something trying to bruise the belly of fear? Why do I feel like I have to be the champion of this question? Then the question, dancing in my head, hit me in the middle of my boxed steps. It’s a hard question to answer with candid honesty, ‘cause though I know I am a feminist, I don’t feel like I represent so well what that word means.

So, I take a step back, taking off my gloves, unwinding the tape, and letting my fingers relax. Being in the here and now of my living, living life like the student I want to be and not the fighter pumped full of adrenaline, I study my history and this theory.

3 Comments:

Blogger BendingPeak said...

:)

8:23 PM, October 11, 2006  
Blogger twitches said...

It's weird, isn't it, what that one word does to the mind...or is it the concept and not the word? And why is it so weighty, anyway?

I dunno, but it is. Float like a butterfly, girl!

8:44 PM, October 12, 2006  
Blogger Repeater said...

My first inclination was to comment on content, but I decided instead to simply say, beautiful piece of writing on this Ode

12:55 PM, October 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home