My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

and in this corner: prelude to another day

Hey There,

I am a tiny bit busy right now. I want my next post to respond to the meme I got tagged for this last week, but am running behind on most things at the moment. I did sit down last night and pop out an initial 5 minute dialogue on the matter. It doesn't address the meme at all, but I totally loved writing it...so I thought those who come by this way can chew on it until I can get back to writing. It is gonna be a few days.

As for the Learning Agreement, it is a contract between the School, my internship and myself regarding my goals at stated internship. I am in the MSW program and am currently finishing my 2nd and final year. My internship is at the Campus Veterinary Medical Hospital where I counsel human's whose pets are in medical crisis. The internship gives me clinical as well as program development experience.

Anyway, I enjoy the work it takes to get my MSW and the idea of finally becoming that clinical therapist...who works with an a enviromental humanistic model then a medical model. I am realizes on this journey through school that I enjoy the writing process even more, yearning to spend 8 hours a day scribbling just to get one decent paragraph. The below is something that just popped out, and felt REAL good...so I wanted to share. I swear in a few days, I'll actually write that meme.

Peace to your web browser,
gogo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ode to the Meme:
Here I am finally sitting down to address this Meme. My first invite to do one and it’s about feminism. Seems about right. I was hoping I might get a Meme where I could make off the cuff remarks, be funny and cute all on the same page.
When I first read this question, I felt my mental boxing gloves come on, weighting my body and shifting my feet. Am I defending feminism, my right glove hits the air, aiming for all those misconceptions and biases born out of fear? Am I fighting feminism, turning my right foot and setting my left hook at those same misconceptions expected of me? And I had to ask myself, why do I feel like a cocky boxer jabbing my words in my head like something trying to bruise the belly of fear? Why do I feel like I have to be the champion of this question? Then the question, dancing in my head, hit me in the middle of my boxed steps. It’s a hard question to answer with candid honesty, ‘cause though I know I am a feminist, I don’t feel like I represent so well what that word means.

So, I take a step back, taking off my gloves, unwinding the tape, and letting my fingers relax. Being in the here and now of my living, living life like the student I want to be and not the fighter pumped full of adrenaline, I study my history and this theory.

2 Comments:

Blogger mareymercy said...

It's weird, isn't it, what that one word does to the mind...or is it the concept and not the word? And why is it so weighty, anyway?

I dunno, but it is. Float like a butterfly, girl!

8:44 PM, October 12, 2006  
Blogger Repeater said...

My first inclination was to comment on content, but I decided instead to simply say, beautiful piece of writing on this Ode

12:55 PM, October 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home