My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

sunday scribblings: skin

~I told myself I was going to start writing for Sunday Scribbles again. I promised myself, no matter the prompt I would write what came to mind and post what that was. Well, what came to mind was rough. I was surprised I went directly to thoughts of touching skin when I read this prompt. It may be very inappropriate, perhaps down right rated R, but this is one of the things I love about skin - being touched and touching. I offer with respect and hope no one is too insulted by my response. Read at your own risk.

~skin~
Thinking of skin,
my mind went to touch,
touching skin,
that apothecary shop of sensuality.

What is your favorite part of the skin?
The nape of the neck,
scented sweet
or the concaved dent between
clavicle and sternum?
The forehead?
Perhaps we move downward towards the shoulders,
rounded and soft, the arms firm or downy?
The palms, the tops of hands – fingertips?
Perhaps the subtle seduction of the breast,
queen areola in her fleshy goodness?
The navel – a hidden world born the moment
we are cut into an individual at birth?
Perhaps toes, or the sandy softness of the treaded foot?
The ankle? The calf, or perhaps the thigh, going higher and higher?
The skin covering the sharpened hip bones waiting for a kiss?
Or is it somewhere else among meadows and southern lips?

- Want to know what other people said about skin? Go to Sunday Scribbles.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Rose of Sharon said...

Kudos and bravo for writing immediately what came to mind. Great job. I love your writing and I appreciate your candor!

10:03 AM, October 01, 2006  
Blogger Writer Bug said...

I love the line: apothecary shop of sensuality.

Nice job! Though it gets a PG in my book. ;)

10:18 AM, October 01, 2006  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

Well I also thought instantly of touch when I read the prompt, (though i haven't written anything yet). I enjoyed reading your piece.

10:30 AM, October 01, 2006  
Blogger mareymercy said...

Part of the seduction of the poem is that you are asking questions of the reader yet answering them at the same time. Very effective. Erotic, but not R-rated at all.

11:23 AM, October 01, 2006  
Blogger Jerri said...

"The navel – a hidden world born the moment
we are cut into an individual at birth?"

Wonderfull expression of something known and yet unknown to all.

Great post.

12:17 PM, October 01, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Wonderful! Excellent - and erotic - take on the prompt!

12:45 PM, October 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sensuous but definitely not deserving of a "R" rating. Ah...sweet skin...

1:25 PM, October 01, 2006  
Blogger Kamsin said...

No need to apologise about writing what came to mind. Great take on the prompt!

3:55 AM, October 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last line is my favorite. It is evocative but not dirty at all. Romantic sultry, well done.

8:29 AM, October 02, 2006  
Blogger GoGo said...

All right, so its not r-rated. I have no sense of these things in the wee hours of the morning when I am ready to sleep.

PG it then. Thanks for all the wonderful comments. The lines picked as favorites were mine too.

2:19 PM, October 02, 2006  
Blogger BendingPeak said...

Very thought provoking, I'm glad I risked it!

5:49 PM, October 02, 2006  
Blogger GoGo said...

remembering.

12:08 PM, November 09, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home