My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

the simple life


Yawn.
Sleepy eyes, caffeinated open,
Imagining the warmth of my bed,
how it will welcome me home
when I fall into it, asleep, sleeping
curled into unconsciousness.
Head to pillow, I look forward.
Yawn.

~Time seems to have stopped 30 seconds after the last time I looked. I want time to hurry up already, but know this kind of wishing only brings the creeping of slower existence. So, I thought I would spend some time posting something about something...yeah, I got nothing.

My intentions today are to power sleep 8hours then babysit. I have to say I am enjoying the babysitting experience. I am watching an actual baby, pre 6months, so besides fulfilling her basic needs, we kind of stare at each other. I do appreciate the fact that the baby gets excited when I sing. She begins to coo right back at me. I think her personal favorite is "I Got a Frothy Mouth & am doing fine." I am glad to say that I am not a one-hit wonder though, having a successful follow-up of a cover by U2, "MLK" and an original, "Baby, I'm Changing Your Diaper as Fast as I Can".

Afterwards, if I am not pressed to get more sleep before work, I want to go see my hairstylist at one of my favorite local bars with some friends. There is always good music playing there and someone stuck a "Vote for Pedro" sticker among all the graffiti and band stickers by the bar. That just brings a smile to my face whenever I see it...of course, so did the lecture I went to yesterday on Attachment Theory of Individuals, Groups, and Couples. I digress.

Apparently my hair stylist and her band are doing a CD release show at this bar. Sounds good to me. Music releases are a theme in my life lately. I won’t lie, I am very excited that she is back in town because I haven’t been able to find a decent hair stylist since she left. Yeah, I am not a vain person, but do appreciate a person who knows how to cut a decent du. I am very excited she’s back from Portland – like happy dance excited. This from the gyrl who spends most of her day in professional attire and having discussions about evidence-based practice and logic models. Little does the world know, I'm a groupie at heart for musicians and hair stylists.

Other then that, its work tomorrow night, sleep and then studying all day on Sunday at the library. This is my simple life.

Now back to pining for bed.

~GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home