My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Prickly Finger Tips Touching Orange Blossoms


Fall came poring down today under gray sky and cold wind. I wake after a long day of sleep between work shifts and go for a walk. Though the day gives off a sense of glooming, I feel none of it, contented by the themes of autumn unfolding. I finally get to wear that sweater, wrapping my feet in hiking shoes, and head covered. My memory walks down lanes of Apple Festivals, football games, autumn hikes and bond fires. My mind remembers how much I have loved fingers exposed to the prickly cold of autumn’s chill, palms rubbed frantically and then held to the mouth for rushing spurts of warm breath on finger tips.

I come home to a house full of Japanese Lanterns dangling from my mantel. On this fall day, I welcome the orange blooms. On this day, I am filled with joy and awe. I am also busy beyond belief and my tiredness may be influencing my disposition. I take reprieve in simply enjoying the beauty of today and this self.

Hmm. I guess this is me scribbling a love note for this moment. Seems about right.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger The dykes next door said...

You know, here in Louisiana, the highs are still in the 90's. It may still get to 100 before it cools off. I like hot weather, thank goodness, but your post makes me yearn for a little autumn weather.

1:24 AM, September 10, 2006  
Blogger mareymercy said...

What a visceral, sensual post. Thanks for sharing.

8:01 AM, September 10, 2006  
Blogger GoGo said...

Thanks for the compliments! I wanted to write a reflection of the day, and it did feel both visceral and sensual. Nature definitely gets my mystic's heart.

8:54 PM, September 10, 2006  
Blogger Jean said...

Je comprends mal la langue anglaise , mais je lis avec plaisir vos textes .
J'aime votre poésie !

1:57 AM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger floots said...

"a love note for this moment"
beautiful idea
cheers

2:17 AM, September 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely. Beautifully written.
It's always strange reading about someone experiencing a totally opposite season to what we down under are experiencing!
JTL
xxx

7:15 AM, September 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful post. You are a great writer, I'm a fan.

Conor

9:16 AM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Yes said...

What a stunning photo!! Did you take it yourself? (If so, please do more)...and a lovely view into your day, too.
And thanks for visiting my blog, you are so kind!

9:51 PM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger daringtowrite said...

seems about right to me, too.

3:38 PM, September 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home