My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Monday, September 04, 2006

You'll Be The Teacher & I'll Be the Lesson

Getting out of the car, one foot in front of the other, I kick up dust while locking the door. I capture children’s laughter in the air while heading inside. The day feels dry like crispy autumn leaves and there is a smell of burnt coals wafting from somewhere. I feel contentment in my day. Waking up to a late morning from a later night at an impromptu party where the conversation flowed and the music played, I spent the morning getting the bug out of my craw that said, “The sunroom MUST be cleaned today.” Two cups of coffee and a few hours later, I have taken my sunroom back from the leftovers of summer’s fun. I left my home feeling right with the world, looking forward to reading in the fading sun of fall in this room.

I head out to visit with a friend. We drink more coffee and spend our time punting philosophical contemplations back and forth. This is a unique friendship – rare, familiar, and I would never have had just a few years ago. We pick up our feet and go to the park, walking the new path. I show her where a friend and I road our bikes down and up hills, and she showed me where her grandchildren use to play. Laughter sent me home, tired from the long day cleaning and relaxing.

Came home, where we started this entry, and made some dinner, while checking the emails from the day’s past. I still have 4 chapters to read for class tonight, but wanted to scribble some words before getting into that devout student role again. I’m listening to Nervous but Excited, a band that I am sure will do just fine. I was going to start this post writing about music. I wanted to say that I have quite enjoyed live music in my life. I have had the luck of meeting so many traveling musicians while in the process of writing their songs. I’m no groupie and musicians who are my friends know I am very precarious about any friendship that leads down that path, but I do enjoy the opportunity of experiencing music as it is formed. I am a storyteller who surrounds herself with storytellers in many forms…music one medium. I am happy to say this about myself and know it as a truth. I am excited to see how this will continue to play out in my life, in London, and beyond. Ah, but as I now reread this I realize I’ve rambled a loop around my day. Its time to let go of loosened thought and get those chapters out of the way.

Good Night,

~GoGo

P.S. This entry was written while listening to Blessings from the band, if you want to know the background in this post. I can't get enough of that song. :O).

3 Comments:

Blogger daringtowrite said...

I love how you "rambled a loop around" your day. And "punting philosphical contemplations back and forth" sounds just like I'd like to spend an afternoon with a friend.

2:16 AM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger mareymercy said...

Sounds like a nice day. I'm jealous; wish i were a student again.

5:47 AM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger BendingPeak said...

I hope that in your cleaning you did not come across any BAT droppings! Its nice to feel refreshed in your space. Good luck with the reading.

10:44 PM, September 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home