My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Why I'm Moving to London

~They have a really good transportation system that is affordable and I won't need a car
~They have affordable transportation to other countries
~Whenever I have to find resources for clients, I always find that the UK is on top of the issue.
In fact, I've found more webpages for UK services then in the U.S. Seems reflective of a place I want to live. Their webpages look better...that really has nothing to do with anything, I'm just saying.
~Anne Boleyn was able to rock the kingdom from the top and got her daughter to be queen. I just want to walk through this history.
~Channel 4. Film buffs will know what I am talking about.
~They speak English, but I can travel cheaply to Spain to practice my Spanish.
~They have classes that are affordable to practice my Japanese.
~The history I will be walking through
~Environmentally ahead of the US
~Socially conscious
~Most people don't like Bush either
~I want to live outside the US for a minute and work.
Well, I'd prefer not to work, but have long since come to the understanding that for me to travel, the ole work ethic is involved.
~Fantastic Queer Community
~I'll be the first person in my family who went to college, then got her masters then went to live abroad.
~I believe my professional career in Social Work will benefit from working in London (i.e., the experience I can bring back for my clients).
~One word: Discotech
~Two words: Bloody hell
~And the list really goes on...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll keep blogging, right? And let me come visit too! One of the things on my 101 Things list is "Travel to Europe."

4:27 PM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger BendingPeak said...

They also have the London eye, wonderful places to walk and run, spectactular museums, and oddly bland food (just in case your stomach was to be upset for the entire year). Oh and crumpets and tea each morning.
Ahh how I miss London. You will love it!

4:52 PM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger Harriet (the fshlady) said...

we usually refer to those as clubs (rather than discos - wouldn't want you to sound too dated!)

6:21 PM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

I'm so happy you're moving to London - you'll have a fantastic time! But a cautionary note - it's very, very expensive (other than for education). I will be back later to catch up on the rest of your posts.

12:40 PM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger The dykes next door said...

My wife lived and studied in England for a while, and met her ex-husband there. Believe it or not, a year or so ago he went back to England, stayed for a few months, then came back to Shreveport, Louisiana! Actually, to a town of about 1500 near Shreveport out in the boondocks! (or would they say EBF?) I can't figure him out. Why in the world would he come back to someplace like Oil City (yes, it is just as nasty and greasy as the name implies) when he could have stayed in England? No family here, nothing. I guess I'll ask him one day. Anyway, I hope that you really enjoy your stay in London! From what I gather, it's a great place to live!

1:19 AM, September 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home