My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Pink Mole Hair & Ironed Sheets

I was going to do the Sunday Scribbling topic tonight and write about Monsters. Write about how I had a dream about snakes because I can’t get away from promotional commentary about "Snakes On the Plane." It seeped into my brain and I spent my sleep time collecting snakes and trying to return them to the wild before people killed them while simultaneously trying to avoid getting bit. I finally woke myself up when I realized there are no snakes with mole hair skin, particularly the pink variety. Of course being in the middle of the pacific on an island with Samuel Jackson seemed realistic compared to this.

Then tonight, I babysat a wonderful little baby who definitely kept me occupied and how nice it felt. About how a crying baby doesn’t scare me or put me off because I’ve done this before. About how a crying baby doesn’t frustrate me because I know its just a matter of learning her language to get to the other side. Kind of like with me. And when you get that balance, what a fanfuck!ngtastic feeling.

Then I was going to write about debriefing with my coworkers and how I really appreciate our humor and time together. My job can be a hard job...trust me. Its nice when you got good coworkers to balance the hard parts...

Then I was going to write about tomorrow and my plans for the morning, or the excitement for a few new outfits I want to get for the internship, or the fact that school starts this week, or that I have come to a place where I love to iron my sheets before folding them and putting them away...I know weird, isn’t it.

Then I realized my life is a good life. I’m present, able to laugh and cry when I need to or want to. This has been an important realization because I have come to a place where I feel joy in life...as it is...laughter in life without negating the whole story. That just seemed like an important lesson to get. AND my sarcasm has reached a very salty plateau I’m appreciating these days. Oh, and lets not forget, I’m moving to London next year...

now all I want to write is...

Welcome to my Life.

Now excuse me while I google ‘pink mole hair snakes’. Hey, its google, something’s gonna come up.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lovely warm post!

4:15 AM, August 27, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Terrific post - I'm so glad you're enjoying your life these days. As for the snakes, when I was in England, I saw lots of the promotional spoofs, etc. and Samuel L. Jackson interviewed - and I still wouldn't want to see the movie. Snakes are just creepy. But a pink mole hair one might be interesting.

6:56 AM, August 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i have no intention of watching the movie either.

6:59 AM, August 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once heard that if you were afraid of snakes then it meant you were actually afraid of your own karma. Hmmm...don't know if that's actually true or not but I like snakes. They remind me that you can always shed your skin. Anyway...I love that you feel content with your life. Have fun putting the outfits together. Be well.

8:02 AM, August 27, 2006  
Blogger mareymercy said...

Glad you're in a nice space right now, happy and appreciative and positive. Don't go visit my blog today, whatever you do, because I look like a bitter old troll in comparison.

9:42 AM, August 27, 2006  
Blogger Rose of Sharon said...

You're moving to London next year? How exciting! What did you find on Google? I'm glad that Life is Good!

10:22 AM, August 27, 2006  
Blogger kunal kundu said...

Good to know that you are having a great time..... n truely enjoying your life! Wish you keep doing that! :)
Btw very nicely written random thoughts!

3:02 PM, August 27, 2006  
Blogger BendingPeak said...

Nice post. What bag did you eventually get?

4:12 PM, August 27, 2006  
Blogger TMTW said...

Okay, just for grins, I Googled "pink mole hair snakes" - alas, the quest proved fruitless. LOL

4:13 PM, August 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too was disappointed with my google search. It wasn't my finest inquery. If you click on the post part where i right 'pink mole hair snakes', you'll get the one webpage that just tickled me with weirness while i googled the line...

Smiles.

9:30 PM, August 27, 2006  
Blogger GoGo said...

Um...write...not right.

I got a Tickle IQ of 160, but I can't spell worth shit!

9:35 PM, August 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home