My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

London

The process begins. Well continues, but here I am starting a new phase. I just got information from the program I am going through to find a job when I move to London. I need to re due my resume and now call it a CV for them, so they can access whether or not they can find me job interviews. I have begun a little of this task, but know I won’t finish it until after I get back from Festival. I’m excited. Don’t get me wrong, all the work this is going to entail is gonna kick my butt! Please be assured that I am going to be writing often about how tired I am when school roles around while I am working through the red tape. I might even cry a little bit. But, in the end, I hope to be going to London!

Woo Hoo. Hoo. Hoo....cough. Now, if everyone reading this could cross their fingers until I arrive in the UK, that would be great. Smiles.

I wanted to take a moment and write down a quote that Paris Parfait passed my way when I was contemplating the decision to move to London this last Winter. I also wanted to pass along a BIG THANK YOU to her for her support and encouragement and I am sure so much more. Without further ado, here is a quote who may help other folks who are thinking of taking a step toward something new and exciting…

Be bold and mighty forces come to your aid. Until one is committed, there is hesitancy; the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness.

"Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elemental truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans; that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issue from the decision, raising in one's favour all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would come his way."
- E. H. Murray
Scottish explorer
Himalayan expedition

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the quote that inspired your decision. Good luck with all that is to come!

9:53 PM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

I'm so pleased your plans are working out! I'm also happy to have played some small role in encouraging you to expand your horizons. I think you'll love London, make new friends and will have many wonderful adventures in one of the world's greatest cities!

4:01 AM, August 04, 2006  
Blogger Jim C. Hines said...

Good luck with everything!

CV? Ack. I haven't done one of those in about 7 years, and it wasn't fun...

6:49 AM, August 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home