My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Updates, Random Thoughts, & Warm Beer

I have beads of sweat collecting above my lip. I just road the river trail again, this time farther and harder. i'm enjoying the bike, though the shoulder has set me back a bit with what I wanted to do. As an update with the shoulder, I am now seeing a Physical Therapist. The arm, healing, has been getting this sharp stiffness in it. If I keep it in one position too long it starts to ache like a pitch fork. It had breeched my tolerance level some time back, so I had a Doctor friend of mine look at it, and we got me into PT.

I'm in my second week of PT. I'm a little more confident with riding the bike as a work out. I plan to start aerobics again this week, which is something I could have always done, I just used the arm as a crutch to not do it. Anywho, long drawn out story short, its time to work out!

I have been looking at the costs to move to London. So far I have been playing with air fare, Visa costs, and application fees for various other ideas. Air Fare, Visa, and Pass port as of today's rate run me around $1000. I plan to do a post soon regarding my move to London next fall. I'm going to start a cost tally that estimates what I need to pay and one that adds what I have paid out. I'm still scared to go to London, but I am hopeful. I think the fear is change.

As my final commentary for those who read. I rewrote my goals list for the coming school year and the move to London. I am writing on this page as an exercise in accountablity.

1) Focus on School (That one was easy)
2) Maintain healthy eating habits
(I have really come to appreciate that a good meal does keep my energy level up)
3) Follow-thru on all doctor appointments.
4) Work out, even while in the height of school craziness. (I just want to see if I can do it). That and I want to be at optimal health when I move to London. Um, please note optimal health...not thin or anerexic...or unnatural... I will never be a bean pole, but maybe a sweet curvy fence.
5) Save $ for London
6) Have fun, laugh, and appreciate those who are in my life! As always.
7) Learn how to drink warm beer. blah.

Wish me luck, offer insights, and cross your fingers. I'm gonna need it.

3 Comments:

Blogger BendingPeak said...

I like the idea of an accountability list... hmmm.
Fingers crossed, luck wished, and hope you find some ice to put that beer in!

12:57 PM, July 25, 2006  
Blogger Jim C. Hines said...

Good luck!

And hey, why didn't you tell me you had a blog?

7:15 AM, July 26, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Good for you! I'm glad you're making plans to follow through with what really matters to you. :)

9:19 AM, July 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home