My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

What Musical Instrument Does a Pirate Play?

Answer: A Guitarrrrr.

I want to get back to superficiality. I want to hide in funny stories for right now. I want to post about going to see the Pirates of the Carribean only to find it was sold out. I was bummed, heart broken really, but it was fun to see all those people dressed up like pirates who came to see the show. I mean come on – if you’re wearing a pirate get up complete with an eye patch, you should be the first person to view the movie. I just came with my flip flops on.

See, how fun is that? A little humor, a piece of my life, and a chuckle for the reader. I even left the last line vague...I was wearing more then my flip flops, right?

3 Comments:

Blogger Annie Z said...

LOL. I like it!
JTL
xxx

4:30 AM, July 08, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Cute, Amanda! I agree, wearing the eye patch should guarantee a seat! No doubt you'll get to see it soon (with or without your flip flops). :)

5:01 PM, July 08, 2006  
Blogger Cate said...

Oh, you are cracking me up! I can't believe that people were dressed as pirates--I had no idea that there was such a following! I'm so out of the loop!

Hope you are able to see it soon!

7:04 PM, July 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home