My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Friday, June 16, 2006

If You Sneeze & Hold It In, You Can Pop Your Brain

Yep, creative block these days. Back to grocery lists and crickets in the head. I guess I am just redirecting my energy to other things then this blog right now, like trying to figure out why clutter roams my home like wildebeests from watering hole to watering hole. I picked the wildebeests image because a friend back in the day pointed out that every animal documentary had a wildebeests in the background. You just couldn't get away from them in documentaries. Watch animal documentaries, you'll at least see a high proportion of wildebeests in them. I feel like I am chasing clutter around my house instead of getting rid of it once and for all. Its driving me crazy these days. I just don’t have enough storage space and closets.

I know, why am I writing about clutter? Is this really the most exciting thing I could share about my life? What about sharing some interesting tid bit about some front page news....but how many times can people read that our Government is ran by [NSA edit]! How about pop culture? Yeah, thanks to some wonderful friends, I have an antenna for the TV now, which means I have 5 instead of 3 channels. My pop culture consists of Roseanne reruns and Ellen. So, how about some deep insights? Hmm. Got nothing. I share when I learn, so its hit or miss depending on the learning curve. Oh, oh! I did learn from a 5-year-old this week that if you sneeze and hold it in, you can pop your brain...she wondered if this was a oversight on G-ds part. It was an interesting conversation to say the least. Kids amaze me.

It looks like its clutter. Below are some interesting blog finds I found this week that might provide something more then cluttered commentary on a page. This IS good writing!

Changing Plans and Letting Go

Any Closer Than This

A Different Point of View

I Found This Poem on a Train

1 Comments:

Blogger daringtowrite said...

Thanks for the linkback and the links.

6:00 PM, June 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home