My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Remember, Tuesday’s Soylent Green Day!

I have lived in my apartment for over two years now. One would think at this point I would remember that Tuesday is garbage day and that means the garbage needs to be out by 7am. Nope. I woke up this morning to the beep, beep, beep of the garbage truck while mine was safely inside my home. I woke up knowing from past experience that at this point I wouldn’t make it outside on time. I told myself, “What does it take for me to remember TUESDAY = Garbage Day?”

To be fair to myself, there is a slim window to take out the garbage. This is squirrel turf around here. Take the garbage out too early and you got a bag with its entrails hanging out before the garbage employee even makes the rounds. Not to mention you get a very upset garbage person. I have been privy to conversations, having had a number of experiences where I grab the garbage and run out just in time to hand it over. Understandably, the garbage employees are not too happy with disemboweled bags in our neighborhood.

The other end of this dilemma is I do have from 6pm on Monday until 7am Tuesday to get the garbage out and for some reason it is at this time that my mind goes into amnesiac response. Not a whiff of memory on my end, excuse the pun.

I’m garbage challenged folks. I just made a sign in the blue/green color of the city bags that says “Tuesday is Garbage Day!” I have put it right next to my door and am making another for above the garbage.

5 Comments:

Blogger driftwood said...

I have the same problem, but I can take it a step further sometimes. I will remember that it is garbage day and actively forget. Why... because I am lazy and I don't feel like dragging the giant blue bag out to the curb.

I wish you luck in remembering and hope you are not plagued with my laziness once you do remember.

11:00 AM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger GoGo said...

Yeah, it can laziness too. Did I forget to mention that one? :O). Thanks for posting!

4:09 PM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger GoGo said...

Yeah, it can laziness too. Did I forget to mention that one? :O). Thanks for posting!

4:09 PM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger Annie Z said...

:):) ah, the joys of garbage! We have three bins here in Aussieland. One goes out every week (regular garbage), one goes out every second week (recycling) and one goes out every month (green waste)!! Imagine trying to remember which ones go out when??!!!! :):)

Good luck with next week!
JTL
xxx

5:01 AM, June 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pssst, did you get your mail yet? I sent it awhile ago...

6:29 AM, June 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home