My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Being Natural

Living a calm life, taking care of my house, my school work, and self. I finished my quiz this afternoon then studied the case studies assigned for class with a friend. Afterwards, I went home to sleep before I came into work tonight, but found I wasn’t ready to sleep. I popped in a CD and cleaned my sunroom windows instead, finally washing away the built up residue from winter. It felt like I was presenting a better face to my home, clean windows bring in better light.

I caught myself singing to the music outside while cleaning the screen door windows, well actually I caught a neighbor catching me sing. She smiled, I smiled and I continued to sing. A few moments later she came over and we talked about housecleaning, the album I was listening to (a compilation made by a friend from A2), and we laughed about how it feels to be caught in the act of being natural. We agreed it was the best way to be in life.

I finished my work, took a shower after reaching my limit for layered living on the skin, and went to bed. I am now at work, my coworker and I talk in interspersed moments between task and quiet. I love working here. I like what I do and I like the people I work with. I still cannot wait for the day when I am no longer working over nights, I remind myself this is not forever. For now though, it offers me the things I need to complete school, and I truly enjoy working here. Work is a good place and a good space. Which is a good thing because I am working a double (16 hours) tonight. :O).

1 Comments:

Blogger Annie Z said...

What a beautiful post! After only a couple of sentences, I sighed in relaxation, leant back and enjoyed the words flowing over me.
JTL
xxx

6:36 PM, June 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home