My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Monday, May 22, 2006

The Road, the Doc, & Lady Luck

Today has been a good day. Remember how when I got into the bike accident, I had fallen almost literally at the feet of a bike repair guy? It’s been that kind of day today too. Oh, no accidents! Cross fingers and knock on wood.

I went to the Doc’s office. Nice woman, her humor and candid listening skills are right up my alley. She appreciated my no nonsense approach to health and I appreciated her no nonsense approach to care. Together, I believe I found my Health Care Physician folks! Anywho, as I left the Dr’s office, I realized my car battery was dead. I had left or accidentally turned on my lights. That’s just wrong. I called a friend for a jump, put the phone down and sighed only to see this guy jumping another car from my side-view mirror. I believe the internal dialogue went like this - “No Way!” He was willing to jump my car too.

Perhaps this is just the sign I need that things work out the way they should or I’m one lucky lady. Quick, bet black 18.

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE MY WORDS LITERAL OR SUE ME FOR THE PREVIOUS STATEMENT. DO YOU REALLY TAKE ADVICE FROM A RANDOM BLOG…IT’S A BLOG?! ALL WORDS ON THIS PAGE ARE MEANT AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY AND ARE COMPLETELY ABOUT ME!

The Doc gave me a clean bill of health. The shoulder is healing just fine. If I can regain my range of motion in the next week or so, I shouldn’t need physical therapy either. Go Range of Motion Go! This means tomorrow I can head out of town to sell merchandise for Sweet Honey in the Rock in DC and Rochester, NY. If you go, ask for GoGo at the Music Table. If you’re scary or creepy, don’t! My old job, the Music Company, offered me the chance to follow the group and sell the music for a few shows – for old time sake. I get a rental car, Hotel and food paid for…oh gas too. For a working vacation, it gets me on the road and I love the moments when I can be free to travel the highways. Sometimes, it’s the best time to get to know myself. I never feel alone on the road. I never feel unsure of myself or even lost. I meet wonderful people on the road too.

I could never be a traveling salesperson or someone who traveled all the time, but I do appreciate the random road trips in life. I really love coming home when the trip is done; loving my home just as much as I love the trips I go on. I took the opportunity because this is exactly what I need right now. Me (or is it Myself?), the road, & my CDs to sing to along the way.

I can’t lift heavy things, but am hoping that just like the bike guy and the jumper cable guy of today, lady luck will give me a hand with this.

~GoGo

P.S. A friend of mine, The Chief, said she preferred my daily rambles over poetry, so it looks like I am going to continue with the ramble. I concur...poetry really isn't my thing. Though I don't promise I won't throw in poetry every now and again!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the shoulder is healing well and Lady Luck is shining on you. Have a wonderful road trip! Be well.

8:27 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger ~SugarBear~ said...

Glad you're on the mend. Enjoy your road trip, it sounds like tons of fun. Be sure & blog about it when you return, we know you will.

11:10 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

So happy to hear you're feeling better and your shoulder is healing. As for everything else - I like your attitude. It will all fall into place!

3:23 PM, May 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home