My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Sonntag Gekritzel: Closed For The Weekend

I found one of my blog pages translated into German. How weird is that? This is my title Page name in German: GoGo auf einer Seite.

I wonder how much of me is lost in translation these days?

I'm at work, again tonight. I'm not doing so hot. This morning when I left work, I felt absolutely crappy. I tried to get home as soon as I could, but you know how it goes when you need to be some place...Traffic and drivers who see your delay as an opportunity to speed up & get in the way. By the time I made it home though I was feeling better. I went out to watch a movie with a friend tonight and by the time I was done, I was back to feeling crappy. My throat is sore, my ears are plugged and my stomach keeps feeling tighter and tighter. Its that tightness that is a procursor to the involuntary convulsions of stomach-eruptous. I can handle many things in life, but vomit is not one of them. Its my kryptonite. I say this, in hopes that the deities of Hurling Chunks hear my pleas and spare me this time around. I'd rather have an alien pop out of my stomach and do a tap dance on the counter then have small chunks of bile shoot out of my mouth. I know too descriptive...its my anxiety from the increasing pain in the belly. I will not toss my lunch, I will not toss my lunch...

I hope I'm not getting sick. I don't do sick...as if having attitude is going to stop it from happening. I smile at myself. There are two ways I get sick...24 hours then all is fine like a sunrise turns darkness into light or I get debilitatingly sick, flat out on the couch barely conscious wanting my mother, comfort and care. Then again, I could be fine in an hour.

Its Mum's Day Weekend and I have plans with my mum, so lets hope this is the 24 hour version of sick. Either way, I'm feeling down for the count, so I'm calling off my entry for Sunday Scribble this week. If I make it through this shift without puking, I'm picking up some 7Sprite and sleeping the day away. For those looking for something from me, read below...its entertaining.


Down for the count,

GoGo

3 Comments:

Blogger meghan said...

I'm glad you can stop and take care of yourself - have a relaxing sick day and take good care of yourself!

5:37 AM, May 13, 2006  
Blogger Annie Z said...

GoGo - So sorry to hear you're feeling so bad. I hope it was just a 24 hour thing and you are feeling better now.
JTL
xxx

7:08 AM, May 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better!

4:24 PM, May 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home