My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Monday, May 01, 2006

The Saga Continues

When things don’t work out in a smooth, calm fashion, it’s best to open the mouth as wide as you can and scream. Not a wimpy scream, but a full blown primal scream until the throat hurts. I imagine Homer Simpson in the seat next to me screaming…it helps to keep perspective.

Things are not going well so far today with my school scheduling. Murphy’s law has strapped itself in on the passenger side and wants to go for a ride. If the school of social work says the class opens today…they don’t mean today, they mean the proximity of today – maybe tomorrow, but definitely not the next. I need this class to get financial aid and in order for it to be dispersed on time I need it today. Right here, right now my stress level is slowly rising. Breathe…just keep breathing.

But please don’t worry for me. I have taken Ole Murphy’s challenge and grabbed this monster of a dilemma by the horns. If the system doesn’t work, work the system. I have scheduled a dummy class. Yes, I am taking a random unimportant class, so that the student billing department thinks I have the credits to get my financial aid. Insert smirk. I have even taken the extra step of waiting 10 minutes to talk to a human in the accounts department and with the nicest, most sincere voice asked for assistance. The wonderful person on the other side was more the willing to help. My financial aid has been approved and I should receive it by Friday. Ha!! It doesn’t solve the class problem or the fact that I can’t get into any of the required courses I need, but it gives me time to pester the School of Social Work.

To be continued:

2 Comments:

Blogger Josephine said...

Oy, vey! I used to hate this time of year when I was in school. Ick, the effing rigor of it, all those stupid rules...

Here's hoping you get it over with and enjoy a prosperous semester!

2:11 PM, May 01, 2006  
Blogger Annie Z said...

Good on ya GG! Work the system! I hope you can get all the classes you need.
JTL
xxx

5:33 PM, May 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home