My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

In The Middle of a Chapter

Dear You,

One class down, checked off, and check out my grade! No seriously, it feels good to begin to wrap up another semester. Two classes to go! I couldn’t let myself feel an end to this semester, until today. I find in coordinating tasks lists, its best to delay that sense of relief to the optimal moment. Like a runner, I see the finish line, but I still want to cross it. To tell you the truth, its dramatic crap on a page. Smiles. I am very happy to be done with my class as I sit outside absorbing the wonderful sun down by the river. I’m listening to Annie Lenox, the Medusa album, just absorbing all the beauty around me.

I love life. I love being in life and all the complications we make for such a simple thing as living. What I love most is the fact that I can appreciate all of my life, even the hard parts. I’m not one to silence the heavy to keep the world light, but rather use the levity in life to lighten the load. I appreciate that Monday, exhaustion seeped into my eyes and it felt like the end of a hard day, keeping faith that letting myself feel the “hard” turned into a dialogue with myself, that simply turned into another day after some very needed sleep…and a project done. All aspects of living were honored. I am finally getting that! To be honest, I also love good conversations, watching TV shows on DVD, and a REALLY good cup of coffee...so my perspective might be biased. Ah, and here I am rambling on a page.

In my personal journal, I sometimes write to my grandchildren. Though I may never have any, it grounds me to the context of life. I also sometimes name my journals like titles of a book...just 'cause its fun to make up titles. This part of self gave me a wonderful idea for a gift I am making right now. Two friends of mine just had a baby and the child’s name itself reminds me of a title to a kid’s book. I started painting the book cover plunking around my head this morning, complete with the two mom’s as the authors to this book. I’m so excited I had to share. I am safe in that they don’t know about my blog. If I can squeeze the work in between what needs to be done, I’ll have it done before the baby shower. No, I’m not pushing myself. I really like doing stuff like this and see it as down time. I’m giving them a gift from their registry, but I think this gift will be the joy in celebrating the new little one. The registry gift is in case they don’t like it. ;O).

What was the best gift you made for someone else? Not purchased. What was the best gift you ever made that really felt good doing?

All right, I’m going back to watching these artists draw across the river while I read some articles for my paper I need to write.

On the Riverbank of a Beautiful Day,

GoGo

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea of writing to your grandchildren. I sometimes have my 90 year old self write to my present day self. She seems much wiser and is able to calm me down at times.

The best gift I ever made someone was a little storybook, complete with cutouts and ink drawings that described our friendship. I bound it together with ribbon and really enjoyed the process.

5:15 PM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger sara said...

You sound so happy and mellow -- glad you're able to kick back and relax a bit! It's good to take care of yourself when you're able -- watch that good DVD, drink that good cup of coffee. I really hope you enjoy it.

Hm. Best gift. Well, I'm not usually a very good gift giver. But since I started knitting, I've loved making things for people, and sending them in "care packages" back to the US. Even though the things I knit aren't very complex, I do them with the person they're intended for firmly in my head, so it feels like the love and / or friendship I feel for them is in every stitch.

6:43 AM, April 19, 2006  
Blogger shara said...

Found you through a comment on Josephine's blog. I'll have to wander by again and read some more when I've got time to enjoy your writing.

9:03 AM, April 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home