My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Monday, April 03, 2006

30 Turns Around The Sun: Well Almost

Back to the entries about the routine of life. In 3 months and 26 days tomorrow, I will be turning 30. I woke up this morning with this thought in my head and was very excited. Somewhere not talking about age to hide the fact that you are getting older has been unfairly usurped by not talking about age as a sign that you accept the process of getting older. I'm in neither camp, prefering to stare at my age like the phenomina it really is....look at all I've done and been through and realizing I've only gone around the sun 30 times. Hmm. That's a perspective maker if there ever was one. Don't get me wrong, I am human, complete with the full line of attachments like a Kurby Vacuum cleaner. Yeah, and that includes that plastic brush thingy that cleans the carpet, but just winds up collecting a trail of sedentary dust bunnies in its holster. It’s that dastardly attachment that came free with this vacuum analogy. So as I get closer to a mile stone of my 3rd decade, 2nd one living in the double digits, as the sun pulls me closer to the point I came into this world, I am not surprised I am measuring where I am at in life, what's missing, and what I'd really like to get rid of.

In honor of believing growing older is a wonderful thing, I believe I will post here and there the process, complete with the attachments that come along in attempt to shake off the dust bunnies.

Other than that. Am working on my homework for today's theory class. I am getting back on my workout routine at the Y, and am running some groups later this evening, then off to study. I missed Survivor last week, so its my goal to watch it this week...and the dryer at my apartment complex is fixed, so no more having to dry my underoos on a clothes line in my living room. :o).

Life's good.

P.S. Sunday Scribble was really fun. I appreciated everyone who participated and really feel inspired by all that creativity out there. Laini and Megg rock! For the random reader, you need to check out : Sunday Scribble and my favorite entry The Acme Guide to a Literary Free Fall.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what was your favorite age?

12:29 AM, April 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home