My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Exciting Thursday Adventure of a GoGo

It’s a gray day. Winter is still doing her best to stay which has left the air full of chill. It’s a stagnant, moist chill that sticks to your skin and gets in your lungs. The day reminds me of putting my face in the freezer and breathing in, except outside doesn’t have that freezer burn smell.

Don’t judge me and my freezer.

Of course, I am going to take this opportunity to run today. I’ve been itching to get out into the Nature Center and run. This last month, I’ve made it there to walk every week, but I have yet to put on my running shoes and go. Mmm. Being in the woods is a necessity for me.

I have way too much to do with class work tonight. At the same time, I just don’t want to do it. I feel like procrastinating, so my theory is I’ll do some healthy procrastination to balance out the guilt of avoiding doing work. Yeah, see this is what happens to a person in grad school. Task list become a constant companion like a dog or cat, except you really can’t pet a task list…unless you put it on really sweet paper then pet away. Task lists can comfort you though – when you check something off. The bonus of having a full task list is when you actually have free time to do nothing, NO GUILT. If you get to the spot where time is free, suddenly crashing on the couch is a bonus prize all your own….Um, I think I am digressing.

Anywho, if I where to sit on the couch tonight there is no way I will do what needs to be done (which is read 3 chapters and do a take home exam, and reading some articles for the DBT group presentation). Even if I did, the guilt ratio would be through the roof once I started on the projects. I have learned that once midnight roles around and I haven’t made it a 3rd of the way through something, my frustration level increases, and so does the exhaustion levels the next day. However, if I remind myself that I went running, in the woods none-the-less, I can justify my actions as work and NOT procrastination. Mmm. Hmm. Logical isn't it.

Like you don't do the same...come on think about it? You know you got some complicated rationalizing process for something...sweets, tv...relationships? Mmm. Hmm.

Now, will I do what I say I am going to do? Check out next time at the same GoGo time on the same GoGo channel…I will also be discussing what class am I going to skip so I can go to the beach next week. I must go and smell that change in the seasons from the top of this bluff I love…its absolutely incredible…which means I’m cutting class! Yeah, you can tell I'm a wild one.

Bye.

8 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

I miss the Midwest so much...I know exactly that kind of smell you're talking about, when winter is just starting to tip over into spring. Go running! Go to the woods! Skip class and stand on the bluff and snuffle the air once for me!

I suppose I am *not* the best influence...

7:47 PM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger Annie Z said...

I enjoyed reading this post. I smiled at the aspects of procrastination that you mentioned!
Enjoy your day at the beach!
JTL
xxx

9:33 PM, March 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) i love your humor

b) i loved the letter

3) is this THE bluff? U should tell the story

d) your email is not working

10:52 PM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger GoGo said...

Smile.

Telfair: I will most certainly breath in deep for you! & Thanks for not being the best influence.

JTL: Its a long time between now and then, but my intentions are to do what you say: Enjoy the beach

T: Thank you, Thank you, maybe, and I can receive email, but not send to certain accounts...so please hold on until I figure out the problem!

11:28 PM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger ~A4O~ said...

Thanks for dropping by and I'm glad you like my post for mums and the laughter i brought to you with forty-two. Check back. I'm working on something new and I'm gonna post some of my moms stuff when she wrote as a kid. All I invision you doing is rubbing on a piece of paper, your task list. LOL...Good luck with your studies and enjoy that ditch day, Mike...

12:07 AM, March 24, 2006  
Blogger Fizzy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday and leaving such a lovely message.
Go have a run and blow the winter cobwebs away

1:26 AM, March 24, 2006  
Blogger snowsparkle said...

"unless you put it on really sweet paper then pet away" i love love this line... actually all the lines in this piece. i can't even describe how delicious they feel to read. thank you and good luck tomorrow!

1:57 AM, March 24, 2006  
Blogger ~A4O~ said...

Your also a Dragon, watch out!!!

1:40 PM, March 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home