My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Dude, now that's funny.

The universe and I have an open dialogue. Its one of the healthiest conversations I’ve been in for most of my life. Don’t get me wrong there are days when I can’t believe the universe is bringing up one thing or another…and on more then one occasion I’ve actually told the universe “You’re seriously not bringing up that life lesson now!” On more than one occassion I've told the universe "I'm not listening to you", even though that never workds. But overall, it’s a copasetic relationship in which if I let myself, I can hear exactly what I am suppose to from the universe.

Communicating with the universe is not like hearing voices. There are no apparitions nor voices, nor glowing lights that swirl around in some “Ghost Whisperer” esque event. I’ll leave that for the especially touched or inflicted souls. Rather, this kind of communication comes from those moments of serendipitous coincidences that externally reflect what is going on for me in the internal. Now, there's a definition for you. Sometimes, it comes with the placid feeling of watching the sunrise, or the clarity in the moment of crisis. Sometimes, it comes in a conversation with someone else, who unwittingly becomes the voice for the universe. Sometimes, it just a smile.

As I said I would, I went to church this weekend. Though I am no Christian, I did miss singing hymnals and sharing a “God blessing” conversations with the elders in a church. A game I play is called “Count the # of God Blesses.” I counted 34 this weekend.

When I first arrived at my friend’s church, I was greeted by all these women in their 80s winking at me as though they had some insight into why I was there. I love the sass these women had. I’m gonna start winking the moment I get the honor of being a crone.

Where the universe and I conversed was when the minister began preaching his sermon. He was talking about laughter in the Bible. For the past year I have been relearning how to laugh, with full belly laughing…laughing that comes from the gut and disperses all of my energy into tears of shear joy. So, when on the one day I choose to go to this church, it was nice to know th universe decided to bring up laughter.

With the little life lessons that have confronted me this year – another conversation with the universe – I was wondering what I should be doing with it all. I’ve been asking myself, what am I suppose to be doing right now, if everything I am doing takes more energy than I have? School, work, internship feel like a constant dance of endurance that tightens my muscles and leaves me a little exhausted. Caring and loving myself are theories of ideal proportions, but when put into practice can add havoc to an already busy schedule. So, what am I to do? Then the universe, as the universe always does, answered with a roar of truth…laugh. Times get hard and sometimes the days seem impossible, unbelievable, and pointless. Until that clarity comes in it all, laugh. Until the mind catches up with the swirl of life, laugh. And when you get the answers, laugh some more.

When was the last time you shared a laugh that left you saying “No, stop, I can’t laugh another second.”?

2 Comments:

Blogger tara dawn said...

This is such an amazing entry. It speaks to me on so many levels, in some many ways. I continously found myself smiling and saying "yes, I know that too...I know it well."
These conversation with the universe are incredible...I have them too. And sometimes they leave me feeling frustrated or bitter...but most often, they bring a sense of refreshment and clarity.
If we can all just keep remembering...when life gets difficult or overwhelming or confusing or disappointing...we must just let go, and laugh!!
Thanks for sharing this beautiful entry.
xoxo,
TD

10:08 PM, March 15, 2006  
Blogger GoGo said...

This was a wonderful comment. Thanks! Here's to the masses conversing with the universe. More questions about what to do with our nasty old corrupt government people. ;O)

11:25 PM, March 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home