My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Ding Dong, the Workshops Done

My workshop went really well. I had 60 participants show and my participant evaluations reflected a very happy crowd! Its nice to only have one more workshop to do in April, plus run my continuing education group. This means I might be able to stay within my allotted hours instead of working more. I feel proud of myself. Watching people engage the presenters with valuable questions about their homes was rewarding.

One of the presenters discussed living in the Flood Plain. Here on the Eastside many residents reside in a flood plain zone and we are due for another huge flood anytime. The presenter discussed the basics of what they needed to know, as well as how to go about getting all important utilities above flood level. Many residents were not aware that there are funds to help with the renovations, so it was nice to have the information accessible to them. It was nice to see that we had ample information for every question the participants had like magicians pulling stuff from our sleeves. It took much work to get to this point, let me tell you!

After the whole thing, I went out to lunch with a friend and then crashed until I came to work. I’m sitting here on my over night shift just feeling glad to be done with one more thing. This finale of one more task has boosted my energy level some. That or it’s the fact that on the weekend I reverse my entire sleeping pattern to accommodate a paycheck. :o)

That’s about it. I’m looking forward to watching the sunrise and doing some communal praying after work... then diving into my bed and sleep.

Word.

2 Comments:

Blogger daringtowrite said...

Congratulations. I hope your feeling this pat on your back.

12:51 AM, March 16, 2006  
Blogger daringtowrite said...

*you're

12:51 AM, March 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home