My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Halfway Up My Sleeve

Spending time winding down, playing this laptop like a keyboard on a piano, I want to make myself some music to listen to in my head. This was a nice day, a good day beginning with me scratching my bum and drinking OJ from the carton. Plopped myself down in my favorite chair and read some theory before getting dressed and heading out to work at my internship – was stopped with my arm halfway up my sleeve by a neighbor knock, knock, knocking on my door. He had remembered a half spoken conversation where I said my week was busy with tests and papers, so he brought me over a cup of java to start my day. A new neighbor, half remembered in my head, remembered me and the insignificant comment from one day became a significant start to this day.

Opened the door to the Community Center a smile on my face and the sun at my back. Greeted my counterparts on this nonprofit ride as I made coffee and sliced sweets for my group. Today we had an honest man who is starting a bookstore on the Eastside come and speak about it. I listened as his story unfolded on the table to the lusting beat of all our hearts for this wonderful idea. It will go in next to the coffee shop I am at right now. There will be French doors between these two worlds – the coffee shop where I study and the bookstore where I will run my finger across the books listening to the thud thud thudding sound. Then I will stop randomly and the book I land on will be some random find I will read. Of course this will all happen in between my graduate life existence.

Left there to go to my work for a staff meeting, and found myself lost in the sunny-ness of the day. When the sun shines in winter, it opens the sky in a new way. Everything seems possible; all roads lead someplace new and meaningful. It is days like today that I feel most impulsive to go for a walk somewhere in the woods – take myself out of the grindstone of the day. I didn’t, I had that staff meeting waiting for me, this just happens to be a day I would do that. :o)

Removed myself from the staff meeting, my heart beating from a last minute chat I had with a co-worker friend. She’s an old same of the soul who shared with me her crossroad contemplation as I shared with her a school load of conversation. Then OFF I went to spend time with Mr. Man kidsitting while his Moms apartment searched via phone. We took an adventure outside up and down the side walks. There is nothing like the cracking sound of wisdom when a kid speaks.

Then back we are to the end of my day, exhausted by this wonderful ride. There is nothing to do now, but end this sentence.

Good Night.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger virginiavalle.blogspot.com said...

;)

3:45 PM, February 23, 2006  
Blogger Swirly said...

What a lovely day....thank you for sharing this.

10:55 AM, February 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home