My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Over Night Hell: Saga of a Soar Throat

I'm sick. There is a golf ball size swollen lymph node in my throat growing by the minute and my eye sockets feel like a heating blanket checked in back there. A cool layer of clammy sweat is competing with my stuffy chest for most uncomfortable part of my body. Little do they know that the swollen throat wins hands down - every time.

I'd like to thank the sponsors of this cold - virus &/or bacteria for bringing it on quickly without teasing me with assumptions like "I can beat this" OR "OJ will keep me from getting sick". Yeah, no. I'm full blown sick with a capital ICK.

This morning I was feeling tired but fine. I had a little scratch in my throat, so I bought halls. My throat gets dry easy in winter, so...My home improvement workshops was successful and my pack up time beat records I tell ya! Went home to sleep. All was normal. Then, I woke up and wouldn't you know that the little scratch turned into a hard swallow. I tried to go to the library and study. I spent less than 30 minutes (though successfully downloading three articles), when I suddenly felt that a mammoth sized library second floor felt too small and everyone was crowding me. It went down hill from there.

I am now at work because you can't get someone to work for you an hour before the start. I feel like crap. I want to go home and sleep. I want my own tissues and my heating blanket. I want to wear my favorite pajamas and drink throat coat teas. I want to be laid out on my couch...'cause I think when your sick, its a special occasion that requires a change in sleeping niches. Prop myself up on princess standard of pillows and sleep.

There is a huge part of me that knows that being sick right now is putting a huge wrench in a very busy week. I have an 8 page paper, Expert write up, and another exam to study for. The 8 page is going to take up most of my time because the prof. is super difficult, and its the first of three papers that define our grade. But at this moment, I don't care. I want to honor my virus&/or bacterial guests by giving my body all the energy it needs to kick them out! I want to sleep and crash and take care of myself...till then this is me sick at work, miserable. *insert sad face*.

2 Comments:

Blogger kunal kundu said...

well written...... wear your pajamas n sleep on the couch!....

7:52 AM, February 12, 2006  
Blogger Dangerman said...

Well, I feel like copying most of your blog entry to mine. I woke up this morning with a soar throat, cold and sweaty. My wife told me during the night that I was sweaty and that I should get out from under the covers and I said NO, I am freezing cold.

I have to decide wether or not I can go to work, I talk for a living (phone support).

8:06 AM, May 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home