My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Standard Deviation

Mmm. Spring’s about to burst. Can you feel it? The windy coldness is swarming like a hive of displaced bees. I believe I posted last fall about how the belly of the wind turns cold in winter, well in March mother nature starts to churn her breath into warming freshness displacing all that cold. The wind today revealed the earth is beginning to grow something new.

I was sitting on the bus today thinking over spring. For me, it means I’ll be outside more. I am excited about sitting on porches in good conversations, working the garden, running in the woods again… I can now start to ride my bike to class. I am a big baby when it comes to riding in cold weather. I can read a book outside and lay under the stars that I will wish upon to be a good writer. The first time I wished this I was 5 years-old, after I wrote my first book of poetry. It was the usual freshmen piece, words that rhymed with my name or ‘Mom’ and I could spell. I haven’t stopped wishing to be a good writer and won’t until I self-actualize my goals.

I was also thinking about how the end of winter was rough for me – back to the darkened corners, karma, scraped knees, social ineptness, blah blah blah. Just like the wind churns cold to warm and back again, so does the human spirit, displacing the equilibrium of self in order to reestablish it. How else can we make room for change we need in our lives? I understand this necessity for growth. With all that said, I hope that like the wind in spring, I am coming to the time where I can begin to smell the change I’ve been looking for, and that something new is finally growing.

May something new grow for all of us.

P.S. Look Ma, I actually made a link to a previous entry! I'm all grown up now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh please, please, please let your brilliant words come to be! I definitely need "something new to grow" for me. I'm throwing in some more...please, please.please for all of us...please...

10:04 PM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger Somnambulist Seeker said...

There are absolutely seasons to our "spiritual" lives. And I suppose the ancients had it figured out pretty well when they tied some of them into seasons... with all the celebrations at key times in the cycle, etc.

Hmm. I hadn't really put those things together in my head before. Thanks for the inspiration. :-)

Thanks for dropping by my blog, too.

1:54 PM, March 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home