My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Belly of the wind

The air finally succumbs to a fall chill. As days blend into one another, the passage between seasons blurs then summer begins to yield her fight to autumn and with this so has her undying warmth in the breeze. That undercurrent of cold is here to stay for a while. Even though I feel like crud that grows on crud when it’s been around too long today, I can’t help but appreciate this fall chill – mind you from a safe distance behind a window in a warm room. I want to take this moment and absorb this season. In summer, the air has a tinge of heat in it. Even when the breeze blows cool, its undercurrent is still warmed air – cool is not cold. In winter, the air blows cold, and any warmth comes from the sun beating down or the body’s combustion. It’s as though the air cannot absorb the heat around it and cold wins the day, every day. But fall is a dance between the two, and as she progresses something changes in that belly of wind. Her fires burning hot, turns to warm, then extinguishes into winter. Today, I can feel that fight turn cold and though there is still a hint of warmth in the air, it’s a minor countermelody to the cold brewing around me. I love it. Plain and simple. I love it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked that. Thanks

2:36 PM, October 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home