My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Is there a theme to all of this?

Feeling overwhelmed tonight, wondering can I really do this Masters program? How much work is ahead of me? Its all catching in the depth of my chest and I feel like I can't breath.

But I can. I have. I take on this challenge of breathing. I think this catching in my chest is the fear that already I cannot catch up...and its only been week one. But then I remember how many deadlines I've faced in my life, how many impossible tasks I have accomplished, how many unknowns I have faced in the work place, how many of the how manys I have done, and I know this Masters Program has got nothing on my work history or life herstory.

What is still catching in my chest? Oh, that's it. I haven't spent any time asking myself how I am feeling these days. I don't want to read because not all of me is ready to move forward.

So I ask myself, how am I feeling?

Scared...and that's okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home