My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Monday, March 27, 2006

20 Things That Keep Me Healthy

I get up every morning, happy to see me (even if I have to drink coffee first).

I draw, write, create, clean, sing, and laugh like they are appendages in my life.

My relationships are based on the uniqueness of the experience,
not on what they can do for me
or what I can do for them.

I eat properly and exercise, grow a garden, ride a bike and walk when I can.

I read incessantly on a daily basis (right now its school stuff).

I avoid dynamics where people need me to take care of them, rather leaving my role as caring for them.

I face my fears of being alone.

When I cannot feel through doubts, fears, anger, or insecurities I sit with them like a child who needs comfort. (For the most part).

I avoid writing insults or judgments about people because I know words are weapons
and more importantly a poor reflection of self.

If it is the best option for me or reflects a closer truth of self, I will speak up in a group.

I avoid groups who need constant cohesion in order to survive.

I let myself laugh on a daily basis.

I embrace relationships where support, fun, and history are balanced like tides of strengths.

I strive for the comforts of life, and assess daily what that means for me.

I let myself hold my heart in my eyes like a window open.

I attempt to see life as an ebb and flow I can’t always control and not as a dire situation.

I walk besides my fellow humans, not in front or behind.

I embrace life like a journey, even when I cannot find my path.

I let myself be etched, flawed, and human.

I read blogs that inspire me, harbor my passions, and are just plain fun to read.
GG

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! All good. There are a lot of wonderful things here that I know I can apply to my life. Thank you for that. be well.

11:02 PM, March 27, 2006  
Blogger Annie Z said...

This is fantastic. I so enjoyed reading it. Thank you.
JTL
xxx

3:14 AM, March 28, 2006  
Blogger Cate said...

Every so often, I find posts that touch my soul and inspire me--this is one of them! Yet another that I'd like to print off and reread when I'm consumed with self-doubt or feeling immobilized. Thank you for sharing your steadfast words!

P.S. My favorite was about your relationships being based on uniqueness of the experience--LOVE THAT!

10:12 AM, April 02, 2006  
Anonymous Krisha @ electronic medical records said...

Thanks for sharing those information. I will do the same to live more vibrant and healthy.

12:09 AM, November 29, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home