My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Sunday Scribble: Part Duex

The second installment for Sunday Scribble here. This was inspired by the Calvin & Hobbes comic strip book I read today, the Proud Family Cartoon I watched, complete with the ratter tat tat of spoken word poetry, the word alabaster that reminds me of the navel of the belly, and the Beancounter. Lady, I jumped out and wound up here today. I'm loving this! Thanks.
~GoGo

P.S. I would love to read this on a stage someday.

Real Life
~~~
Now get ready to breathe in
simultaneously through nose and mouth
Head titled back, back arched
Let the air fill the lungs,
Deepening the fullness weighting
down your hips
grounding you to the ground.
And as the breath completely
Incapacitates,
and you are swimming
in the Fullness of your filled lungs,
Blow out everything inside you.

REAL LIFE
(all caps, please note)
Is the embodiment of all we experience.
It is the sundry steps of our journey
and the alabaster stones that sharpens our
hands to hold our egos.

REAL LIFE,
Is the blended colors
between happiness
And not,
the spot
on the spectrum
marking where we are at
At any given time.

REAL LIFE
Is Every moment we choose to do what
At any given moment,
Like the earth rotating around itself
Rotating around the sun,
Spinning around the galaxy
Swirling with the best of the dust
In our own universes!
Life is as real as the context
In which we breathe it in.

REAL LIFE
Are the stones of comfort
That hold us up in our daily
Lives, the bread of nurture
That we are lucky to find.
The pitter patter of awakened
love, from self and others.
AND the self love permeating
Out for others to hold ‘cause self
Love is nothing if it’s only something
watched.

REAL LIFE
Is the hard times that blisters our souls
And the good times that heal them.
It is the tear that is shed as well as the
Laughter we share,
And we are lucky if we are aware enough to
Appreciate both as life unfolding.

REAL LIFE
Is the friendships we hold,
all those relationships
We mold by accidental bumps
On all our roads.

REAL LIFE
Encompasses the beauty of all that
Entails us,
That ties us to living like Gideon’s knot.
Whether we choose to own it
or not,
It is every thing between our first breath
And last.

REAL LIFE ~ is the life we live.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger GreenishLady said...

This is great! I just love that "All caps, please note" - It moves the whole piece up a gear there, right there. Fantastic.

5:38 AM, April 09, 2006  
Blogger Claudia said...

I like what you´ve written!

6:25 AM, April 09, 2006  
Blogger Rebekah said...

ALL so true! Thank you.

7:19 AM, April 09, 2006  
Blogger gkgirl said...

wow...

this feels as though
it should be
read
loudly
and with great force
from atop a stage.

i love it.

9:29 AM, April 09, 2006  
Blogger Cate said...

Beautiful.

"It is every thing between our first breath
And last."

Truer words were never written!

10:07 AM, April 09, 2006  
Blogger Maggie May said...

I can't tell you how much this moved me. I ate up every word, let it resonate within me, reveled in it, continue to think about it. Thank you--I have a feeling I'll be compulsively reading your blog from now on! ~Maggie

10:09 AM, April 09, 2006  
Blogger Cate said...

P.S. You WILL read this on a stage someday, and your audience will breathe in and out, hushed understanding, until the moment when they erupt into thunderous applause and foot stomping at the end!

10:09 AM, April 09, 2006  
Blogger Jennifer S. said...

WONDERFUL - all caps

10:11 AM, April 09, 2006  
Blogger meghan said...

This is amazing. And since you wrote that you wanted to perform this on a stage I read it like that - like I was listening to it through the footlights. I read it through a couple of times. I hope that you do get to read it out loud someday!

10:27 AM, April 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gogo- I am a spazz (and I haven't read your post yet- I'll come back and comment when i have more time to really read it properly) but I need your email address, I deleted emails I shouldn't have by mistake and lost your address.

I want to talk creativity exchange.

Later.

1:24 PM, April 09, 2006  
Blogger Kara said...

As I read this poem I can hear it - I do hope you will read it on stage someday.
My favorite part is about the spectrum of colors - I won't requote you - but I love the image and how we are always marking ourselves on some scale. Well put!

1:28 PM, April 09, 2006  
Blogger Alex S said...

Oh that was wonderful! I haven't been able to visit you for too long and that was just beautiful. I am going to print this out and paste it into my journal. Thank you!

7:18 PM, April 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great poem and sentiments therein!

9:15 AM, April 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is beautiful and a reminder again of how life should be lived and not lived. I love it!

7:51 AM, April 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home