My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Between Thoughts

“Riding in back of cars with girls is fun. Eyes sleepy, body cramped, and feet numb just below the ankle I sat between the lull of conversation while swimming through the night sky all around us. Loved every second of it. I came full circle driving home from a[concert] in [A2]…” ~Journal Entry 4/19/06.

Do you know about the Ark? It’s a highlight of Midwest living. Saw Chris Pureka on the stage, singing songs that just make my heart leap. Good time, good fun, good life.

There is a story forming in my head. Images of shirt cuffs, eyes lined with a smile, and a camera. This week the word beautiful has greeted me everywhere. In emails, on billboards, in street chalk, blogs, and on the tips of tongues. Even leapt off the stage and held firm in the car riding home with friends. For some reason the word beautiful has spurred these images in my head like memory’s snapshots of time gone by and by, except it’s not my time or my memory. I can smell perfume, a soft lilac smell with just a smudge of lavender. I can hear the laugh – an open laugh that catches at the back of the throat like a diver's coming up for breath. I can see this coffee table round and flat. Nothing lives on the coffee table except for a single white vase only big enough for the single daisy residing there.

Last night as I listened to Chris play, the story between the photos in my head began unfolding, and I realized it was a story. I hope to shuffle time between now and then to actually write it. I have so many things that NEED to be done right now, I write these words in hope I can remember until I purge them on a page. I am always surprised how stories form, completely a life of their own...

“…On the drive home in a small car with five, I let myself swim in & out of conversation and the dark. The direction in our lives was the road, while we wandered aimlessly in conversation and laughter. I’m contentedly sleepy while writing these words. Yep, riding in back of cars with girls is fun.” ~Journal Entry 4/19/06 continued.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

Oh yes, I know about the Ark!

I lived in A2 for several years, and spent many a fine evening there.

Loved your post...it's always oddly significant when things occur repeatedly, like signs or portents. Hearkening something that we can't otherwise anticipate.

Nice photos & journal quotes too! In fact, if I might say so, they're beautiful.

7:40 PM, April 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home