My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Clarification on a Early Monday Morning

I just wanted to take one minute and clear up something. I DID NOT, repeat, did not take the chocolate from the kid. The mamma did offer it to me, but I turned her down. I did, however, take poetic liscence (Dear G, let that be the right word) and ended the story with "score!" Seemed appropriate.

Now, I can handle much in the false image department, but the thought of everyone thinking I'd actually take candy from a kid's hands breaks my heart. Don't get me wrong, I'll steal candy from my little Bo's halloween bag, but that takes stealth and distraction. It's an artform to not get caught.

All right, now back to your original scheduled programming.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This clarification made me laugh. People thinking your taking candy from kids! "Score!" was definitely the perfect word to end your story with.

5:01 PM, April 24, 2006  
Blogger sara said...

You all must have kinder hearts than I do because if offered, I would definitely take candy from a baby!

6:26 PM, April 24, 2006  
Blogger GoGo said...

You all rock! I am so swamped with school work right now. I miss reading everyones blogs.

8:17 PM, April 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAha.

You are funny.

Being swamped is CRAPPY.

Take your time creativity exchange friend. I ain't going anywhere. (And I'm swamped too, but my light at the end of the tunnel is ALOST here)

9:44 PM, April 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home