My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Hail to the Chief: 2006 Graduate

My Friend, the Chief, is graduating tomorrow. 3 Years of part-time grad school, 2 internships, and 1 full time job. She is finally finished.

I am so proud of you, lady. You are called the Chief because you are on top of your game.

The Chief is a good friend as well. We balance each other by getting each other's backs when we need to. I always have a good laugh with you. Though I may not always be perfect at what a friend is, I appreciate that we have taken time to learn what that is through our experiences. And you let me say things like this.

I can remember when I met you in Spanish class. I would have never guessed we would be such good friends now. Remember walking to class and talking about our days. This was after you trained me in crisis intervention 1st half. There were various barroom excursions, trips around the state (and on backroads), and of course there is always Festival! I was so glad when you and Homeslice insisted on coming to the Beach last year, making it the best Birthday ever. And the porch is quite fun!

You rock, I am so glad to share in your day of celebrating. I can think of nothing else I would like to do then, spend a day celebrating you!

Hail to the Chief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home