My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sunday Scribble: My Shoes

I'm writing a low key appreciation for shoes tonight. Though shoes are a wonderful topic, my creativity has puttered for the night. My shoes run the gambit of the poem below. I do appreciate a good pair of soles, practicularly ones that are good quality, but doesn't eat up the pocket book. At 5'11'', I'm the type of girl not afraid of wearing a heel and prefer them when I dress up. I figure I'm taller then most, what's a few more inches...and check out how good I look in them anyway. Chuckle.

This poem is dedicated to C.H. I hope your shoes bring comfort and support on your choosen path these days.
_______________
Ode to the Shoe:

They keep us warm,
give us a sure footing,
make us look pretty or suave;
they air condition our feet
or they can pinch us with elegance.
Shoes can be worn as a reflection
of who we are -
practical wearing sturdy shoes
that do what they should,
comfortable wearing soft shoes
that nurture,
or the flamboyant self stuffed
into knee high expressions.
Shoes come in as many
size, shapes, and colors
as do people,
but we are lucky enough
to get the opportunity
to wear any aspect of them we want...

Shoes are our feets' lovers.
Its nice to know we have so many options to choose from.

____________

12 Comments:

Blogger Annie Z said...

LOVED your poem!! Just beautiful.
For me, it is also compliments and adds to my own thoughts on this SS topic.
JTL
xxx

12:55 AM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger Claudia said...

Beautiful poem! Shoes are very symbolic for the way we feel and how we live, you have captured it!

2:26 AM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Fabulous poem! Well done, you!

4:12 AM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Hello! Oh to be tall, if I were you I would wear high heels !! I am not tall een with high heels on!

7:19 AM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger Cate said...

Oh, just many lines in this that I loved, particularly: "the flamboyant self stuffed
into knee high expressions" and "pinch us with elegance." Well done!

P.S. If this is the result of "puttered" creativity, I'd like to adopt that approach!
P.P.S. Love it when a tall girl wears heels!

9:36 AM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger Shuku said...

Lovely, lovely poem! It certainly says something about the sorts of shoes we like to wear and YES, the elegant ones PINCH. I hope you find the perfect pair of red sandals.

--Shuku

10:00 AM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

I love that you celebrate your height. Oh to be four inches taller. And if this is what you produce when you are tired . . . well, I have to read more of your blog and check you out when you are fresh. Tops.

10:04 AM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

I like that "shoes are our feet's lovers!" How fun. Some great language here. And 5'11"! I can't imagine what it would be like to not have to pretend to be tall in absurdly high boots!

10:04 AM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger Jennifer S. said...

Perfect!

10:47 AM, May 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Oh, to be so tall...I would be happy to totter above so many other people. :)

Love the imagery, especially "flamboyant self stuffed
into knee high expressions."...and YES, it's wonderful to have so many options to choose from.

11:54 AM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger meghan said...

beautiful poem! 'shoes are our feet's lovers' I LOVE IT!

4:24 PM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

"shoes as our feet's lovers" Brava! I enjoy this :)

6:40 PM, May 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home