My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Friday, May 12, 2006

OMG, You Saved My Life!

I totally scored points with a 13-year-old teenage girl today (um, yesterday). Her flute was broke and I happened to have two to lend for her BIG show this weekend. I know her Mom from the Music Company I use to work at and she called me because she happened to remember I played the flute once. I went over to help fix hers, but wound up letting her daughter borrow mine. I haven’t played in 12 years, and when I picked up the flute it took me less then 10 minutes to remember how to play. It was nice to play too. I enjoyed showing the kid new things on the flute. It all just kind of came back to me instantly. How great is that?

What was even better was the kid totally thought I was the best thing that happened since "My Space". I got a "OMG, You saved my life" out of the deal too!

Yeah, I’m cool.

:O).

3 Comments:

Blogger Annie Z said...

So great to hear you enjoying your return to playing the flute! It's the best instrument ever! Of course, as I'm a flute player and teacher, I'm not biased or anything (ha ha)!! I hope your teenage friend enjoys playing your flute and has a successful show this weekend.

You're definately cool! lol

JTL
xxx

4:51 AM, May 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're cool! Maybe the experience will have you playing again.

6:47 AM, May 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, the best thing since myspace. That made me chuckle.

5:50 AM, May 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home