My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Insert Random Check In Here

Quick post today. The computer fairy took away my home connection. I knew it was too good to last. I now have to go to the coffee shop to check my email again. What a sad life.

No seriously, life is good these days. I'm in a steady pattern of studying and hanging with friends these days. I have taken the bike out for a ride yesterday and today with minimal pain in the shoulder and knee. The first ride I had to go very slow and test my brakes all the time. It was a hot day, but I was sweating from the fear of riding. I got back on the horse. Today the ride was very nice. Slowly, I will learn to trust riding without fear of falling off...until I fall off again of course. :O).

The shoulder still hurts, its a low grade pain that sticks with me. I haven't been able to sleep on my left side since the accident, which is my favorite side to sleep on other then my right. The closest I have come to sleeping on the left side is proping myself up on the right, so I kind of tilt toward the left. Its not the same. The knee is also healing well but slow. I must have hit it pretty bad because there is still some swelling and I'm constantly needing to move it so it won't tighten up. Ah, but my frame is healing and minor squaks left are nothing compared to that first week. I am grateful I can still ride my bike and am going to completely heal.

I was suppose to go to Detroit with some friends today. The Tigers and the Yankees were playing, but opted to stay in town and sit on a porch. It was a sweltering day, perfect for drinking lemonade on porches and doing absolutely nothing. Conversations started and stopped with the breeze. That is what I did today.

Well, that's all I have. I have received some emails regarding the shoulder, so I hope I answered the questions. Thanks for sending your kind words and care.

2 Comments:

Blogger kunal kundu said...

take care of the shoulder...... n happy biking!!

11:25 AM, May 30, 2006  
Blogger kunal kundu said...

thanx for liking it...... n abt the print.... i wud love to give u a print of this..... but rgt now the resolution isn't much...... i can take a print here n send it to u!

9:57 PM, May 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home