My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Road Trip: My last stop...

My last stop landed me down Route 15 South, a highway draped by the blackened night. My headlights revealed pitch black farm houses, long since gone to bed. For miles, I was the only one moving. Movement is what brings me on this road trip. Just moving down the highways, crossing rivers and back, keeping everything passing by, except me (myself, I?). Hmm.

As I drove to my final destination tonight, eyes tired and arms worn, I realized the directions I had were wrong. They weren’t taking me here, that’s for sure. So, I had to stop the car and collect myself. Found bits and pieces of information I could use – the map, the hotel address. Then off again, onto unknown roads, following the road map directions I made for myself. I’m here. On the way, the roads, completely new, felt so familiar. Having crossed thousands of miles of road in this country – freeways, highways, toll roads, back roads, and unknowns – even in a completely different place, I know exactly where I am. Nice thought, in a time when I wonder what my direction really is, I have the literal taken care of...

On the road, thoughts passed through my mind about getting here…I realized it was more then just about a map. It was reading it, seeing it, trusting the direction as they unfold. But more then this. As I drove undercover tonight, I was completely engulfed with the blackness of night – just me and my headlights seeing the way. It wasn’t just the map and directions that guided me, but that the road had a structure familiar to me. Some-ones built these roads; some-ones drew out the map and cushioned the pavement into topography of our earth. The roads are the same roads everywhere, with variations of course. And there I was, driving down someone else’s mindset, guiding my way.

As I came to my final destination, I understood the word faith.

Good Night,

GG

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger paris parfait said...

It's a little spooky driving at night in unfamiliar areas. I suppose that's a lot like life. Anyway, hope the rest of your trip goes well!

3:22 PM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger ~SugarBear~ said...

Very though-provoking post. Thanks.

11:03 PM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger snowsparkle said...

"... understood the word "faith"
this and the image your words created gave me chills. so wonderfully connected to the past and the future. you rock, woman!

12:13 AM, May 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home