My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Earlier in the Conversation

Earlier in the conversation I was talking to La Fer Nakita. Since college we have kept each other tethered to the epic stories in our lives, constantly turning our oars down the parts of our days we want to share. Months and even years have kept us as distant as a forwarded funny, but somehow when the time is right, we step back into the boat and share one good sail down our histories. I have never stopped looking forward to hearing everything she has to share.

Earlier in the conversation I was listening to a message from a high school friend. Someone I see randomly throughout my life. We seem to catch each other every few turns around the sun. We always seem to pick up where we left off, briefly tumbling through each others lives. Our conversations never seem to end, never seem to be finished. Then a stumble on our roads, bring us bouncing into one another again…to pick up where we left off…then off again unfolding.

Earlier in the conversation I was camping with friends. A circle of people who sway and mold, our conversations present and past, we are always coming full circle between thoughts. Laughter key, insight essential, we barter time in each other lives just being exactly who we are now. There is nothing like letting go and trusting we can be just as we are among one another.

Earlier in the conversation I was eating mango sherbert under star filled skies with the note maker, a friend. A bike ride and music during the days end. Our conversations take us back and forth. We just flow in and out of each others lives like the cadence of the tides, always catching each other between high and low times. We dangle buoyed travelers until the anchors are pulled and the waters push us away from shore. I’ll see you in the next harbor.

~GoGo

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home