My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

A Hypocrite’s Response

Phh. Its late, I’m at the job again with the down time that permeates an over night. I’ve searched the internet, reading up on World News, looked at stupidly funny stuff, and read some blogs. An artist I happen to like, Bitch, wrote that she has a My Space page. Everyone has a My Space page. I personally cannot connect to My Space, not understanding why I would ever want anyone in the world to find me. I know, I know I write a blog...but this feels different, chances are my friends from High School aren’t going to know me from the name. At least let me live in my denial...I need my denial, people.

And what’s up with the friend thing. Do I accept a person as my friend, will they accept me? Please circle - yes, no, maybe so. My brain hurts.

Of course, I have a My Space Page. Yep. I accidently got one. No, seriously. I wanted to comment on a friend’s page after she emailed me that she had one. I sometimes don’t pay attention to what I am doing and WHAM. I now have a My Space page. Thank goodness for the internet letting me know exactly where my space begins from everyone else’s. I mean how would I ever feel validated as a person if I didn’t have my own space where hundreds of people want to be my friend.

I have 16 friends. One of them is named Tom.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

This line "I have 16 friends. One of them is named Tom." cracked me up. I dont' get the myspace thing either but I was dumb enough to put my actual name on my blog way back when and what would be the point of removing it now? God, I'm naive sometimes.

10:55 AM, August 05, 2006  
Blogger The dykes next door said...

I also have a MySpace page for the same reason. I was trying to look at Gretchen Phillips' (Two Nice Girls)MySpace page, and I had to open an MySpace account to do so. I also found that I had to have one to look at The Gay Mafia page. I wonder why. Anyway, thanks for your nice comment on our blog. I am glad that you commented, or I would never have found YOUR blog.

12:21 PM, August 05, 2006  
Blogger The dykes next door said...

I just read more of your posts, and I am SO JEALOUS! You are going to the Michigan Women's Music Festival! We would love to go there, but its just a little bit too far for us. (We live in Louisiana). All I can say is, have a great time!

11:06 PM, August 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home