My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Questions for the Universe

Why do we get so many phone books each year? I've received 3 new phone books this year. I think we should have to consent to get a new phone book or have a safe word when we don't want them anymore. I never remember to take the old ones to the recycle the one time of year they take them. I have 10 phone books...I've lived in my apartment for 3 years.

Aren't we as a nation sick of reality TV and crime shows yet? For those of us without cable, its hard to flip 5 channels only to be torn - do I want to watch a crime show on Sexual Assault, Lawyers hashing out a murder case OR forensic scientists taking us through a bullet whole. Maybe I'll get lucky and see yet another singer get verbally bashed by three judges who just can't compete with Simon's and Paula Abdul's repressed sexual energy.

When did cell phones gain the power to be bombs? I leave to go to Festival and come back to more of my civil liberities taken away. Its not even the battery, that apparently causes brain tumors anyway, its the cell itself. They apparently are finding suspicious bags of cell phone batteries around my State with the actual phone missing. I hope I find a bag, I need a new battery.

I watched Kirk Cameron yesterday tell me that Christian's forget sometimes that there is a hell, and that its all Christian's duties to preach the word of God to save the world. I got sucked into it while washing my clothes from camping. Remember, I have 5 channels and one of them apparently belongs to God. If I remember, he was an obnoxious kid on TV who inspired thousands of other kids to be obnxious. I think he should get the first pew seat to hell...and to keep in line with the other parts to this entry...Do you really expect me to engage in an abusive relationship with God? Better yet, you expect me to prepetrate fear tactics to convert others? I will never fear someone I love. You want to preach something, try the EXUDOS of US military in Oil rich countries or our weapons OR how about simply reiterating Jesus's words...."Hey, someone give me a jug of water and watch me make it into wine." You thought I was going to write somthing else didn't you!

Till next time.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My favorite anti-war sticker is the one that says "When Jesus said love your enemy, he probably meant don't kill them." It's the "probably" that gets me. I think Kirk's god would probably smite them with a divine missile or something.

11:17 PM, August 16, 2006  
Blogger The dykes next door said...

GoGo..I'm glad that you're back! I am still jealous! I'm glad that you had a good time! Tell us more about the festival if you have time.
Stonetree...That is such a great sticker! I'll have to look for one like that. (or do you know where to get one?)

11:17 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger mareymercy said...

Oh please PLEASE PLEASE go check out the Kirk Cameron Banana video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4

You will never be the same.

5:14 AM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger GoGo said...

I did watch it. I am changed forever. Who knew bananas were made for the human hand...and the condom too.

Just proves safe sex was divinely mastered by God!

Check it out folks.

~GG

5:21 AM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger BendingPeak said...

Great questions! Makes me stop and think about all the other stupid things that need questioning. Glad you had a great time. Its nice to be back in the blogging world.

8:30 PM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Annie Z said...

HI Gogo, I just wanted to pop in and say hi. Although I haven't been commenting (or posting for that matter), I still check in on you!

Dont' even get me started on the preaching of fundamentalist Christians. As someone whose faith is very important to her and who grew up in the church, but who has chosen to move in a spiritual direction rather than religious, I find it very hurtful to be told that I am sinning and that the devil is ruling my life and that I will go to hell if I don't follow the same path as they do. I am totally accepting and understanding of the choices that they have made - that it is right for them. I wish I could receive the same consideration and understanding in return.

((mmm, me thinks that is a little sore topic with me, mmm))

Love to all!!

JTL
xxx

2:31 AM, August 19, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Great thoughtful post! It's unbelievable how many civil liberties are disappearing, even as we "speak."

3:18 PM, August 24, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

P.S. Cell phones were used in the Madrid train bombings.

3:19 PM, August 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home