My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Tonight in the Art Gallery

Kind of sums up my feelings. Click here to check out more from this artist.

I got some good news and some bad news. I prefer to dish out the bad news first.

My brother is not coming up to see me this weekend. I haven't seen him since I did a drive by during the birthday weekend. I could write in detail about how disappointed I am, but I don't want to. I just want to pout while watching Drew Berrymore on DVD. Which is better then a detailed complaint about how I gave up a weekend in Portland for this and now I have no brother coming up, no plans, and slime still in my fridge. We made the slime during one of the last visits at a Science Museum. Well, he made the slime...I realized all the other "adults" were just watching, so I stood in back with the other "adults". :O). My little Bo hashed out this co-custody of the slime. He just thought it was a cool thing to do, as if he lived up here too because his things were here. To be honest, I like playing with the slime, so I'm glad its sticking around a little bit longer.

Sleater-Kinney broke up. I found this out while reading Rolling Stone. I believe I posted before that I got the magazine to help out a coworkers kid during one of those "selling crap to pay for a trip" campaignes. I guess the mag was useful after all. I'm not really bummed, though they were on my list of bands I wanted to see live. Apparently my last chance was in Portland, OR on Aug 12th. At least it wasn't this weekend, because that would have really smarted.

Da Good News:
I just got 2 new Netflix videos....one has Drew Berrymore. Right on time, Drew!

I bought tons of veggies at the farmer's market yesterday and am making one hell of a dish tonight.

On the other end of breakups, I just found out that a couple of friends of mine are getting hitched in Toronto...one of two places we queer folk can get hitched. WooHoo!

Its a beautiful cusp of autumn day, and I am going for a bike ride before I make dinner and pop in Drew while not in Portland nor hanging out with my Little Bo.

Oh, at some point I am going to start studying too...not sure if that's good news or bad.

~BIG Mischevious Smile~

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Toronto...my home town! Enjoy your evening with drew and veggies!

6:10 PM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh dear, I'm afraid we in Portland knew of the break-up before the rest of you. There was an official period of mourning and everything. Sorry I didn't send word sooner. Sorry you are not here nor there. Hello to your brother anyway.

6:47 PM, August 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home