My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

She Stops a Moment to Put Pen to Paper

I am so ready to write some brilliant and insightful piece. I want the hand to pad connection I had last year, but those epiphanies with a pen are left unmarked on this page.

Bummer.

I guess I will have to wait until the task list is a little closer to my ears to get connected to the deeper end of my pen. Funny how that works.

School has started. I’ve been to all three of my classes and already know I am going to enjoy each one of them. I also know I am going to be working hard. All signs point to this year being one of my busiest yet. There will be much more “tasky” in my life, which is hard to believe because last year felt like I was at my brim with tasky. It turns out that was just the training portion of school, building up my stamina for this years marathon event.

I’m game.

I’ve been having fun as well this new week of school, so something tells me it will all be okay. Now, lets hope those words aren’t a homing beacon for some intense sh!t moving my way, aye. I’m knocking on the proverbial wood and yanking the ear as I type this. Chuckle.

As a sentimental note, I went to my final Continuing Education Coffee Group I ran last year as a part of my internship and continued this summer as a volunteer experience. I cried and laughed. It was sad because I really did come to appreciate the experience in my life. Its time to move on, but the moving deserves a moment of loss. This group of people taught me so many things…all I really did was bring them presenters to learn from and politicians to chew on. Tehe. What they taught me was that the gift of life is time. That is what we have and knowing it presents us with a continuous opportunity to learn, grow, and have fun. How we face time then is important. How we choose to embrace our experiences is a valve for both positive and negative energies. The trick is to learn what part of the experience we have control over and what part has nothing to do with control. Then feel it, embrace it, let go and keep moving on. Those who are happy into their 90s are people who embraced all parts of life, AND could be present with others wherever they were. Funny how that works.

When I write these words, I know for myself it is important to not try and make every moment happy, fun, and on the “bright side”. Dear Goodness, that negates the balance in living. Its more…like this…presence. The ability to be present in life as is. A person who only wants fun and happiness can neither be present in their own life nor others as well as a person who only sees the oars as trepidation and worry can not be completely present in their own life or others. Wow. That’s heady. It makes sense to me and that is important.

I am also ready to move into this new phase of the year. I worked hard last year to build my connections with peers, my connection to myself, and be present in all moments. The reward is so overwhelmingly worth the hard work, I can’t even describe it.

All right, all right. I’m done. I think I wrote this for myself more then the blog world. Sometimes, it’s important to use ones words to commit to change, and also to acknowledge change…and also to acknowledge…these parts of self on this page have always been a core part of myself unchanged in change. I’ll leave you to untie that knot.

Funny how that works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home