My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Friday, September 22, 2006

There You Are, I Whisper

A bluesy day, but I’m feeling good. Woke up and rolled out of bed, turning off NPR blaring at my head. I tell myself, I simply cannot wake up to the news, shaking off the dream where I was in the news commentary, so close to Bush I thought I could tell him to [knock it off already]. Maybe it’s time to go back to classical music or white noise instead of the news first thing, I think to myself as I turn on the water for the morning brewed coffee. Turn on the light in the bathroom and look at this self in the mirror. There you are, I whisper at the smile coming back at me.

I am the comfortable old blue jeans I put on, with the undershirt and dress shirt buttoned just above the chest. Hair brushed down, the one exercise in patience for the day; I drink my coffee while flipping through a magazine. Today is the autumn equinox and I spot the balance in it all.

I am coming into myself or towards a new chapter. Like a reader reading a good book, I am excited by my turn of the page. I smell something on the horizon, though not sure what it is, I do know its coming and for the first time, I’m pretty confident it’s gonna be the best thing that ever happened to me. There is no concrete rationale for the thought, no proof of what I sense; it’s just a dousing rod kind of hunch smiling right at me. ;)

Happy Autumn Equinox.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVED this post.... it clicked with me today.

3:03 PM, September 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazin, amazing post. The hope of great things to come. Happy! Happy Autumnal Equinox!

3:43 PM, September 22, 2006  
Blogger The dykes next door said...

I also loved the post. I have a question, though. When I took astronomy in college, umpteen years ago, we were taught that the equinoxes and soltices were all on the 21st of their respective months. But I see that the calendars this time say that it is the 23rd of September. Which is it? Like I said, this was over 30 years ago that I was taught that. Things have probably changed since then.

11:58 PM, September 22, 2006  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

The knowing that someone is near, that what we need in at our side, that we can whisper, it is that close...happiness in finding you!

4:51 AM, September 23, 2006  
Blogger mareymercy said...

Love your posts about the seasons, and the ease of your downtime...makes me want to slow the hell down for an afternoon or two.

9:47 AM, September 23, 2006  
Blogger Rose of Sharon said...

Loved your post. Gave me a peace and calm I've been missing. Thanks for the brief moment of hope.

12:44 PM, September 23, 2006  
Blogger Writer Bug said...

This is really beautiful. It sounds like song lyrics. And thanks for visiting my blog. I'll def be back to yours!

11:17 PM, September 23, 2006  
Blogger daringtowrite said...

Just when I thought I was keeping up, I find I haven't been here for weeks. Sorry. I love this post.

1:25 AM, October 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home