My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Monday, October 23, 2006

whip flash for president: a ramble


Laughter and silliness creeps into the sidebar of working.

I am stuck at work tonight, a shift I was not scheduled to work, but to venture into telling the story would really sound like a rant and not a ramble, so I’ll leave it at that. Though I do not want to be here because I should not be here, I am glad I am here tonight...if I had to be.

A coworker and I are finally working together again after a number of months where our schedules didn’t match. I've missed our fun. My side hurts from laughing between the job done. My laughter has run the gambit of my laughs from the rat-a-tat of a machine gun to the hissing sounds like Ernie from Bert & Ernie. It all depends on what we were laughing at and how deep the laugh went inside this soul of mine. I wonder if other people have varying laughs? If I am oxygen deprived while laughing I’ll get the hiccups. If I’m laughing too hard, I’ll snort on occasion.

I always love a good laugh. This past week, and a few more before, have kept this me on the taskier side of living. I don’t love this busy living. Busy is expected with the program I am in, and though I make it a point to socialize*, I feel like its been forever since I have had a real good laugh. I’ve laughed. A day doesn’t go by when I don’t get a giggle going on about something. But really laugh, tonight has been a good exercise in that.

Oh wait, to be fair I did crack up to the core this week when I found out that Whip Lash is not in fact called Whip Flash. Yes, I have been calling Whip Lash, Whip Flash. This one friend of mine, who I just adore for many reasons, totally cracked up because I was saying Whip Flash. I busted up with laughter because I seriously thought it was Whip Flash. I felt a little like she had told me there was no Santa Claus, which just made the whole thing even funnier. I think Whip Flash sounds better and might just continue to call it such. Something tells me I could get away with it, if I slur it right. I know that will drive some folks nuts who need to be verbally appropriate, but that’s their nuts to drive, I suppose. ;).

I wonder if I can get more people to say Whip Flash instead of Whip Lash. Some day they’ll change the dictionary!!!!

And then I realize I am rambling into tangents on the page. But I think the reader would get the theme. Laughter. I’m glad its in my life.

How about you?




*I can't believe I used the word socialize. I'm way too busy.

5 Comments:

Blogger kunal kundu said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment. I have been really tied up with lot of things to come here regularly....... but good to know laughter is driving you through life...... now i know why m craving so much for a good comedy film to watch! : )

5:38 PM, October 23, 2006  
Blogger Rose of Sharon said...

Hey, at least you're woman enough to admit it! LOL! Thanks for the chuckle. I'm trying to remember if I've had a "whip flash" moment....I'm sure I have, just can't recall it right now. Thanks for the smile.

7:31 PM, October 23, 2006  
Blogger mareymercy said...

Whip Flast would be a good band name!

6:15 PM, October 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a genuine belly laugh the other day... first one in a long time and it felt SO good. And the best (and weirdest) part is that it happened at school! My clinical group and I were having to role play a home health family assessment... this one girl was playing a crazy person in the family and I could NOT keep a straight face... I finally just lost it and doubled over with that can't breathe kind of laughter. During it, I was thinking "this is awesome... this feels sooo good... I don't want to stop laughing!" Of course it interrupted our attempt at a somewhat serious role play, but at least it was a funny interruption.

** And it cracks me up that you thought it was whip flash. I thought a coma was actually called acoma until I was in college..... I asked someone if a person we knew had come out of their acoma and she was like "what? you mean coma?" I even remember the exact moment I learned the word... I was watching one of the Rocky movies when I was little and I asked my mom what was wrong with him, and she answered "he's in a coma." Since then, I thought that's what it was called... acoma.

7:17 PM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger GoGo said...

Thanks peeps. I love it when people are inspired to smile and laugh at own selves in turn.

9:59 PM, October 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home