My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Monday, October 30, 2006

morning coffee


Time change leads into sleep change, and suddenly I can wake up without cue once again in the morning. My snooze button thanks me. I get up this morning an hour before my alarm clock went off, pulling this self out of bed without negotiation or second thoughts. I feel like I have gotten enough sleep for once in the last two months. So, I take the extra time and walk around my home, drinking coffee and looking at the piles that have once again invaded my space. It really is hard to keep everything in tip top shape, while simultaneously putting myself through Grad school. I’m proud of my piles, as I begin to excavate them for the organization that lies at the bottom. :)

Then I realize, with the extra time I have better things to do. So, I grab my warm cup of coffee and sit on the couch that has become my badly needed coffee table. I begin to read Curve Magazine, a spontaneous buy yesterday. This woman named Michelle Wolff is on the cover and she is from a show called Dante’s Cove. Yeah, I wanted to know more about her. I ask myself why I didn’t know about this show that claims to mix Buffy the Vampire slayer with my favorite subject – lesbian women. I flip through the mag, reading about Babeland which is one of the top businesses to work for. My preference in reading any magazine is to randomly flip through and read the articles as they catch my eye. I admit, Babeland caught my eye first, then the short Julie Goldman article because I am seeing her next month at a local festival, and then I turned my attention to the intriguing women of Dante’s Cove. Hmm. I make note to add this show to my TV DVD watch list.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger TMTW said...

Hi GoGo,

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Dante’s Cove is awesome! If you can find a newsstand near you, The Advocate does articles about it every so often. I cheat and just look it up online at www.advocate.com.

Anyway, bookmarking your blog... and looking forward to reading about the festival.

~ Autrice

1:35 PM, October 30, 2006  
Blogger The dykes next door said...

YES, The Dante's Cove photo on the front of Curve caught our eyes too! And it will also be added to our viewing list.

6:51 PM, October 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home