My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

dancing the waltz with time: it's snowing!


Time took back her ever present ticking
and
slowed down.
Time gave me her hands
and
we dance a slow paced waltz,
neither leading nor falling behind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I’m currently at the library, helping a fellow student/friend with an SPSS program for that pesky research class. I found I had time to write, so thought I would put a few thoughts to the page, but realize I still don’t have much to say. I have a few pieces twirling in my head, but they’re not ready for this page. Time has been good to me this week and I’ve been reorganizing my home, so when winter break comes, I can focus on other things. It’s finally snowing that snow that’s gonna stay, and I feel completely content.

I’m going back to helping my friend who wants to be referred to as sassy Chocolate. I hope to post a piece for Thanksgiving, but…just in case.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
You are my girl. Thanks for the help tonight.

Sassy Chocolate

7:27 PM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Rose of Sharon said...

That's a good moniker, sassy chocolate! GoGo, hope to see you post a little more before Thanksgiving. But just in case, you have a wonderful time, be it with family or friends. You are one of the people I am thankful for this season.

9:27 PM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger BendingPeak said...

:)
Hope you have a great thanksgiving with whatever you end up doing. I may have to request your help for my research class next semester. But for now I have to study for an ethics test. Remember... it's never ok to sleep with a client!!!

12:03 AM, November 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the joys of SPSS. I worked as a psych research assistant in college.... constantly formatting fields and coding questionnaires and entering data. Have fun with that! ;)

Hope you have a good thanksgiving too! My family is coming up to Baltimore this year, so I'm gonna have a full house. Man, is it gonna be TIRING. But good too.

12:20 AM, November 17, 2006  
Blogger GoGo said...

Thanks for the comments.

S.C. We have to help each other out...that's how friendships work.

R.O.S Thank you, you have also been a blessing in my life.

Bp: Glad you told me about not sleeping with clients, whew. ;). Code and ethics are always a fun topic!

R.T.H I'm liking SPSS. Its much easier then creating a database in Access then creating analysis queries. In fact, I love SPSS. Good luck with your family. May they be blessings and not burdens, and if they are burdens, may blessings come from the experience.

word to your holiday,
gg

P.S. Am I the only person who can't type the word verification correctly the first time around?

3:45 PM, November 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I mess up a lot too! It always surprises me because I usually try really hard to get the letters right.

Thank you for your comment to me up there... my family can be a little of both, but it should be a good visit. Just hard for me right now because I'm so tired all the time and not typically in a social, "let's get out and do stuff" mood. But oh well, at least it'll keep me going. The most difficult part will be coming down after everyone leaves and the busyness is over.

Love to you, friend. Hope you have a refreshing holiday too.

RTH

4:17 PM, November 17, 2006  
Blogger mareymercy said...

The ideas swirl around, like snowflakes. Hope something sticks!!

9:50 PM, November 17, 2006  
Blogger GoGo said...

so do i!

1:20 AM, November 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home