My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

the state of things


I got nothing. I’ve been reading more then thinking in terms of writing these days. It’s a dry spell. Looks like its time collect. I even went for my usual walk in the woods to inspire this gyrl….I got wet feet. ;)

Seriously, I have absolutely nothing to write about. That’s not a bad thing. Just the state of things.

Speaking of the State of things….I watched the election result last night like it was Christmas and they were going to tell me any moment that Santa was sighted over my town. I popped popcorn and said things like "Tell me again, how many seats do we need, you bad boi."

There was a point though that the numbers creeping on the screen was just too damn slow, so I went to bed hoping that Santa would bring me something special in the morning. I seriously was this mischevious kid excited to see if I was getting an elephant or donkey?

How about that? Looks like I had something to say after all.

:)

4 Comments:

Blogger Rose of Sharon said...

Looks like Santa brought you a donkey all decked out with a red bow and lots of confetti! :-) And oh, he left you an elephant pinata for you to hang up in your room to beat....just share the candy, okay?

Oh, and I forgot to tell you why the tree tells the leaves to "get off me"....when fall comes aroung, the trees need to shed their leaves, otherwise the snow that accumulates on their branches AND the leaves would end up breaking their branches. So the leaves are told to "get off me" by the trees so that they can be bare and survive the winter. Neat, huh? BTW, they did an experiment where they broke off a branch of a tree that usually sheds its leaves before the fall season and waited until the fall to shake that particular branch to see if the leaves would fall....well, it didn't...the leaves were all shriveled up, but remained on the branch even when they shook it vigorously, thus proving that the tree "tells" the leaves to "get off", instead of them just falling off randomly. Isn't nature interesting and awesome?

5:17 PM, November 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, it was rainy here too! I babysat the boys and the entire bottom HALF of my jeans were soaked by the time I left... and my feet. Splashing in puddles, carrying wet children, sliding down wet slides, walking in wet fields... it's so fun to play in the drizzling rain and let go of cleanliness.

Okay, these computer pictures AMAZE me. Seriously. I love seeing them!!

love, RTH

8:33 PM, November 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa, Rose of Sharon, I just read your comment... that's awesome. Thanks for teaching me something new today.

8:34 PM, November 08, 2006  
Blogger Rose of Sharon said...

Hey there! Glad someone else found my little nature lesson interesting! :)

9:18 PM, November 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home