My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Where's Lassie?

I need more super hero underroos. I am up to my neck in projects, meetings, papers, power point presentations......Last night I had a 2.5 second melt down when I realized I had NO clean undies because I had actually forgotten to schedule personal care in my life. I had to take a Deeep breath telling myself its okay the world did not just fall apart. "I am not a failure because I forgot to wash my underwear". Then I did a uturn and washed some clothes before heading out into the brisk air again to study at the library.

The dirty laundry has opened a philosophical query for me. It might not get any easier then this for a while. What happens when I can't stop this rollercoaster ride to wash more underroos? Especially since I share a washer and dryer where I am lucky if its free 1 out of 3 tries. I guess I'll just have to go out and increase my surplus for now. That felt too capitalistic, buy my way out of a delema...does one really need a semester supply of unmentionables? At this point, the crisis has been averted. I am wearing a nice black and grey pair of boxers at this moment, so maybe I'll leave it as my life is really busy and I am not a failure because I forgot to wash my underwear.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger GoGo said...

I have underwear on my grocery list tonight!

9:22 AM, October 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home